Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question suggestions to move forum up

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #1 by knowlsey
this is the problem, there may be code to correct this but can not find anything within control panel
as you can see from the image, the forum is to far down, did not have this issue with another forum, but prefer the layout of this one but would like to move it up and replace the banner just on the forum page

this site is not live yet, I am running local

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by knowlsey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Disable the banner on the forum page. It's done with Joomla's Module Manager.

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by knowlsey
nope, that doesnt solve it, the problem may be the skin template, thought there may be a way to force the forum up via css file

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
The problem is the banner. You don't want the banner on the same page as your Kunena forum. Is that right?

The solution is to disable the banner. This is not a Kunena problem. This is a Joomla issue. The problem is your site template. You need to fix your site template. Your website is not on the internet and therefore there isn't a lot we can do to help you. Please read Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) .

Yes, there is a way to "force the forum up" but I don't think that changing the CSS is going to help in your case. The answer lies in knowing how you make that banner appear. How do you make the banner appear?
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 months ago #5 by knowlsey
the banner is written in the template skin, therefor if I remove it I will effectively be removing it from all pages from the site, I have tried

i had agora forum originally and did not have this problem with this skin

however I prefered the look of this forum, apart from this problem. If there is a way to force the forum up within kunena that will correct this problem,then I would appreciate any pointers to solving the problem, I know I will have to edit a file,thats not a problem,however i am well out of date with coding of any kind, the last time I wrote anything related to code was batch files (errorlevel this and errorlevel that etc) but I am confident enough to add, edit, change code if someone can just give me some idea as to what to edit and what code would need to be changed or added, i dont particularly want to go back to agora, would rather solve this problem if possible

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by kiwi3685

knowlsey wrote: ...but I am confident enough to add, edit, change code if someone can just give me some idea as to what to edit and what code would need to be changed or added, i dont particularly want to go back to agora, would rather solve this problem if possible

As sozzled said, you don't need to go back to agora, and you don't need to mess with the kunena code. Fix the real problem. If you are willing to add, edit, or change code, do it in the template that is causing the problem. Otherwise you are creating a problem to solve a problem!! Go talk to the silly people who wrote a template that doesn't allow you to remove that HUGE banner display. Adding or hiding display blocks is fundamental to the way Joomla works, so they should not be restricting you in that way.

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds