Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question don't want my forum's administrators to access backend of joomla

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #1 by Newkun
Hello ,maybe there is simple method for this but I'm new and couldn't find a way for making this.How can i block my forum's administrators to access backend of joomla.I want administrators for only forums(kunena), i dont want any administrator for accessing to backend of joomla,to my web site.How can i do that? thanks in advance
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Newkun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by 810
Hi,
change the "forum's administrators" to normal users, and add the users to as moderators. read: docs.kunena.org/index.php/How_to_add_a_moderator

regards 810

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by Newkun
First of all thanks for answering

I'm trying to do that how i'll do second step in the document which you sent.I'm using Kunena 1.6.1 version and there is no new button for adding moderators in that screen.Do you have got any idea about it?

More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by 810
kunena-User Manager-select an user - moderation - then select yes and select the sections that he may moderate and click on save.

regards 810

More
13 years 3 months ago #5 by Newkun
yay yay yay! hey you are my hero.Thank you! :laugh:

but i have got another problem now.I can choose that as only global moderator.And the user could have got green color.I want to make the user as administrator.how can i do this?

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

maybe this doc will help you : docs.kunena.org/index.php/Coloured_member_types

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #7 by Newkun
Hi thanks for help.I love kunena.You are so helpful and you give support quickly...Thank you again

I did your suggestion and it looks ok.But it doesn't supply with my wanting completely.I want to be equal with other administrators in kunena forum.I want they to access kunena backend too but i don't want they to access backend of joomla.Cos it is about everything design of the web site.Is there a way for doing this? Can they access to only backend of kunena? and change/edit/use all features of kunena, like an administrator what that person have got power only for kunena,not joomla? or can't you put a link for control panel of kunena in frontend which will includes same features with kunena admin panel in next releases?
Thanks for helping again...
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Newkun.

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds