Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Code shown

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by mixnetwork
Code shown was created by mixnetwork
Hello

I used the latest kuena version on spacezone24.de

Now if some people post a masseage and change the color for the font for ex. then if you go in this board were teh topics are listed you cann see in the preview the Html code like this:

Ufos" rel="follow">Wörterkette (1 NEU)

this seems very strange to me.

Anybody knows what goes wrong here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Code shown
G'day, mixnetwork, and welcome to Kunena.

So where, exactly, can we see this problem. I spent 5 minutes searching through your site and I couldn't find Ufos" rel="follow">Wörterkette (1 NEU) anywhere? Do you have to be logged-in to see this somewhere?
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mixnetwork

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #3 by mixnetwork
Replied by mixnetwork on topic Code shown
Yes you have to be logged in.

This message contains confidential information

Than click on board "fun"
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled. Reason: hide account information

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you. I see the issues.

I have a few questions for you:

(1) Did you design the Kunena template yourself?

(2) Did you modify any of the Kunena source code (PHP)?

(3) What are the exact steps that cause this issue? In other words, what exactly would I need to do to reproduce the problem at your site, at www.kunena.org/ or at any of my test sites?

(4) Do these issues occur with the default Blue Eagle template or do they only occur with your template?

(5) If you did not design the Kunena template yourself, have you contacted the developer of the template that you are using to inform them of the problems and to give them an opportunity to respond and to fix them?

(6) When you say that you are using the "latest version of Kunena", what version is that exactly?
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mixnetwork

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #5 by mixnetwork
(1) Did you design the Kunena template yourself?

No I did not.

(2) Did you modify any of the Kunena source code (PHP)?

No modifying done

(3) What are the exact steps that cause this issue? In other words, what exactly would I need to do to reproduce the problem at your site, at www.kunena.org/ or at any of my test sites?

Just change the font color of your text

(4) Do these issues occur with the default Blue Eagle template or do they only occur with your template?

I did not try this, I use Blue Eagle (default) but set mix it with joomla template

(5) If you did not design the Kunena template yourself, have you contacted the developer of the template that you are using to inform them of the problems and to give them an opportunity to respond and to fix them?

No i did not yet contact the designer, bacause i do not think its the design that shows the code, but i can test another design

(6) When you say that you are using the "latest version of Kunena", what version is that exactly?

I use 1.6.1

Thank you

EDIT: I changed the design to default, the problem stays the same
Further I tried to install the latest post module for kuena, but if i actvate this, i get a blank page so i deinstalled it again.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by mixnetwork.

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
Hmmm .... puzzling. Just changing the colour of the font, eh? Just like you did in your last message (except that it did not affect the topic subject here).

It's my suspicion that the template designer has modified the Kunena source code and has forgotten to open (or close) a quote in the PHP and what you see is the left-overs from their mistake. You can prove this for yourself if you reinstall Kunena and select the Blue Eagle template. If this works then you know that it was the template.

I posted two messages on your forum, following your instructions to the letter, and I could not reproduce your problem.

More
13 years 3 months ago #7 by sozzled
Hold on a sec' ... the "latest post for Kunena" gives you a blank page? What "latest post for Kunena" module is this? Was this the one written for K 1.5?

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #8 by mixnetwork
Yes it was 1.5, i did not noticed that

I tried to reproduce it also
if I cange font color and size:

Code
<span>Change font color and size[/size]

he shows the <span> tag.

lol, here also^^

More
13 years 3 months ago #9 by sozzled
Please read the very important information contained in Kunena_1.6.1_Read_Me . This explains why you got the blank page.

Getting back to the original problem, I'm not sure why the subject changed to include the text rel="follow">Wörterkette (1 NEU) but you might have changed it to this yourself (I see that the first message was edited by "Trom" a couple of hours ago. It's hard to tell because a lot of the text in your forum is difficult to read (the font colour is set to a similar shade as the background colour).

Does this problem occur always or is it just this one topic? :dry:

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #10 by mixnetwork
No its always the same if someone sets a certain fontsize i think.

I changed in the other the codes in the postings and deltetd the formats they gave

but in here its ok now

now it works, I think it has to to with the bbcode he sets a <span> instead of , here must be somethingg wrong.

But now i have to go to bed i wil read the rest tommorow ;)

Thank you in advanced.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds