Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question 150 "limit" emails sent from website--"my account hacked"

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #1 by volito
Ok just received an email from my server saying that my email limit was reach from one of my sub-domains. I am assuming they got access to my server from Kunena anyway to confirm or stop this.....

Or point me to a solution topic...
thanks

here is my hosting companies email

"The emails are being sent from [email protected].

There are many many emails being sent to yahoo, msn, and hotmail addresses. It seems that [email protected] has been hacked. I recommend changing the password for the email account, and locking down any scripts on the website with validation / verification forms.

I also recommend running virus / rootkit / spyware scans on any computers you have used to access your Hostmonster account. "

Also this

"Mail appears to be sending from [email protected] Our mail logs show connection from remote SMTP Indicating that the email account is sending from a mail program. If you are not sending this mail then this email account has been compromised. I recommend changing the email password. At 2010-11-28 05:09:30 MST the account sent a single email message addressed to over 200 people. After 150 emails it began to fail due to the outbound email limit. "

any idea what that means besides someone used a mail program to send emails using my account......
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by volito. Reason: more info from hosting company

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds