Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question character encoding problem

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by Laacis
hello.

After migrating php fusion forum to kunena i have problem with character - (Tātad šeit redzēsiet kā)
In the php-fusion ,in site charset was set to utf8,but in mysql was latin1,so in mysql all forum text was showing like this - Tātad šeit redzēsiet kā , but in site all was ok.
But in kunena all texts (mysql and site) isn't showing right.
I set all mysql data to utf8 too,but it didn't help.
New added texts are showing right , but the migrated texts are still- Tātad šeit redzēsiet kā.

Is there something,what i can do to kunena understand and translate that characters (like fusion did it)?
Or maybe you can advise,what else to do?

Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by Laacis
Replied by Laacis on topic character encoding problem
Sorry for double-post, but can someone help with this,please?

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic character encoding problem
This problem occurs on a PC-hosted site (like XAMPP or WAMP), is that correct?

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by Laacis
Replied by Laacis on topic character encoding problem
Yes, XAMPP!

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic character encoding problem
Because the problem only occurs on your PC, there is no way that we can actually analyse all the possible causes of your problem. Why don't you build a test site on a web-hosted platform?

Time to create page: 0.627 seconds