Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question I already have a forum section

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by polhallen
Hi all :-)
I installed kunena but I've already a link like this: mysite.org/forum so kenuna doesn't run.
I can't move my forum section, can I force kunena starts by other link?
thanks!

Pol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by subtone
Hi Pol

Not really a Kunena related problem, more of a lack in general Joomla knowledge :-)

Log into your backend, go to "menus" -> "main menu" (or the menu where you want to link to kunena to appear), click on the "new" icon in the top right corner to create a new menu link, now select "kunena" as menu type (this might be slightly different depending on your kunena version), type "Forum" as title and save it. now go to the menu manager again (menus->main menu). in this overview, you should now see two "forum" links, just disable the old one.

an even easier way:
You could also just change the link target of your current "Forum" link. go to "menus->main menu" and look for your "forum" link. once you've found it, click it. on that detail page you should see a button "change type". click that button and select "kunena" in the next view. attention: only do it this way if you don't want your old forum to appear anymore.

I am not using the english version of joomla, so I cannot verify all the menu names I state above are correct... but they should be very similar.

HTH
sub

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by polhallen
COOL!!!

Pol

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds