Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Question about Registration

• awkuena
  • awkuena's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #1 by awkuena
Question about Registration was created by awkuena
I want to use Kunena forums to build my community, and I am in need of a two level registration system. One level is for the general public and one is for paid users.

My question is, can I do this with Kunena?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• awkuena
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #2 by awkuena
Replied by awkuena on topic Simple question regarding users...
Hello. I am trying to figure out if I can use Kunena forums for my site.

I am in need of two levels of users, one paid and one not. Can I do this with Kunena?

Please advise.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled
Are you or are you not using Kunena at your website?

Kunena does not handle user registration or login. These are Joomla functions, functions that may be assisted by other Joomla extension products like JomSocial or Community Builder (to name two).

The short answer to your question is that, if your website currently allows you to register users according to whether or not they have paid money to use your website, then you can allow them access to those features that you want them to access (or not to access) as the case may be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: awkuena

• awkuena
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #4 by awkuena
Replied by awkuena on topic Re: Question about Registration
OK thank you very much for your help. I don't currently have any forums set up on my site but am trying to decide which forum to go with.

So from what you are saying does that mean I could have my non-paid users access some of the forums, but have other forums that only paid users can access?

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled

awkuena wrote: So from what you are saying does that mean I could have my non-paid users access some of the forums, but have other forums that only paid users can access?

Yes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: awkuena

• awkuena
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #6 by awkuena
Replied by awkuena on topic Re: Question about Registration
Hello again. I have been in search of a way to separate access to free and paid forums in the joomla extensions, but so far have come up empty. Are you aware of an extension that would separate access to the kunena forums in this way?

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds