Blue Eagle 5 v1.5.4 has been Released (13 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena template Blue Eagle 5 v1.5.4 which is now available for download. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in development.

× This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Report mail options.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #1 by Fullmaster
Hello,

Is there a posibility to change the way of sending te report's te a moderator.
Now every moderator or admin get's an e-mail from 1 e-mail adres and can't see who else got the e-mail to.
Is it possible to include al the adresses of de other moderators in the report mail, including the e-mail adres of the person who did te report.

Why, we would like to thank the reporter by mail. And let the other moderators know that the report is already being taken care off.

Is there a possibility, or maybe an otherway to do this?

(hope you understand what I mean :) )

Gr Fullmaster
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Fullmaster. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Report mail options.
G'day, Fullmaster, and welcome to Kunena.

I don't know the experience you've had with running web-based discussion forums but these are very broad-ranging questions that go to the way you've organised your moderation team.

Some web-based discussion forum software may provide the level of functionality that you're looking for ... I don't know.

When a user presses the "clicks the report to moderator" link, an e-mail is delivered to the moderator team - all the administrators, the global moderators and the moderators for the category in which the topic was posted. Yes, everyone gets the message from a single source, "one email address". This is a system-generated email; you can't reply to the originating address.

If the site administrator has chosen to hide e-mail addresses from other users, then moderators will - like other users - not be able to learn these e-mail addresses either. Only site administrators can obtain that information.

I agree with you that it could be useful to provide acknowledgement by return e-mail that says, "thank you for your report - we're investigating it". It could also be useful to provide a copy of this acknowledgement to all the other moderators, too. When these kinds of events occur at Kunena.com, because the moderation team comprises people from all over the world, by the time any one of us receives the report the matter has been taken care of. We all pitch in and help. That's the way it should be, wouldn't you agree?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds