Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Installing into Subdomain

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by rivbir786
Hi everyone,

I just installed the Kunene forum on my web site but I'd like to open this forum from my sub-domain.

How can I install into the subdomain?

When I opened the forum I'd like to show like that forum.trade-advisor.net
but now ıt's like that www.trade-advisor.net/index.php/tr/forum

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Installing into Subdomain
G'day, rivbir766, and welcome to Kunena.

Let me see if we agree on the term "subdomain".

Let's say that you own the domain www.mydomain.com and let's say that you install Joomla into a sub-folder of the root directory that points to this domain. For example, www.mydomain.com/mysubdomain-root and you set up a permanent redirection so that now

www.subdomain-root.mydomain.com = www.mydomain.com/mysubdomain-root

Is this what you mean by a subdomain?

So, what's the problem? If you have Joomla installed in your subdomain you can install Kunena into that instance of Joomla. Does this help?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rivbir786

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #3 by rivbir786
Replied by rivbir786 on topic Installing into Subdomain
Thank you,

Let me explain the situation. My joomla site is installed to the main domain ( Ex: www.mydomain.com/index.php ) and when I installed the Kunena forum it`s comes up like that ( www.mydomain.com/forum/ ) everything is working like that but the point is I want Kunena forum ( just forum, not whole Joomla ) work on forum.mydomain.com

I hope that`s clear enough :silly:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by rivbir786.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Installing into Subdomain
You cannot have Kunena forum, just the forum, without Joomla. See Move from Joomla

You can set a permanent page redirection from www.mydomain.com/forum to www.forum .mydomain.com.

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds