Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Team Credits Page

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by Oink
Team Credits Page was created by Oink
Hi folks -

I'm wondering how to hide the "team credits" page from search engines or to disable publishing of it. This is not about hiding any copyright or "powered by" notice, I'm perfectly fine with the display of that information on my site.

However, I have not enabled my forum yet and the team credits page shows up in searches for my site.

Thank you,

Oink

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Team Credits Page
I don't understand the problem. You are not always responsible for what is indexed by whatever search engine you are using but, having said that, does it matter? If you have anything on your site that gives it a "hit" - even the team credits page - isn't that a good thing? :unsure:

The Joomla help forum should provide you with information about how to hide certain pages from search engines. Although I'm not familiar with the details, the robots.txt file may have some benefit. This is not, in my mind, a Kunena issue.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by Oink
Replied by Oink on topic Re: Team Credits Page
I'm not suggesting that it's a Kunena problem, nor was I complaining. I was simply hoping for a suggestion.

Thank you.

Oink.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Team Credits Page
I've not personally tried to hide any pages from search engines. For me, the more hits I get the better. However, if this really is a problem for you and you really need to get an answer, I would start by looking for information about the robots.txt file that's installed in your Joomla root folder coupled with a bit of research from the Joomla help site and its forum . That's my best suggestion - from someone who doesn't know the specific answer. B)

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds