Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question I need ideas for our website,forum restrctions to free members

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #1 by Pixelsmiths
Hello

We opened a new site (or in the process) where photographers,designers,artists etc can upload their images and create a profile (jomsocial) and can apply for jobs on the Kunena forum

We have the following threads

General Discussion
Temporary Jobs
Permanent Jobs
Suggestion Box

We're trying to work something out for the free members. Obviously we want members to join so that our client base can grow but we want to make it worth it to subscribe to our...subscription.

One idea we had was to restrict the free members from the Temporary jobs and Permanet jobs threads. Is this possible?:blink:

If not do you have any suggestions,the only other solution we could think of was creating two seperate forums.Would this be possible too?

Thank you
Pixelsmiths
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Pixelsmiths.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by Pixelsmiths
Come on guys dont be shy :whistle:

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by adminthptngochoi
Go to backend kunena -> category manager -> select category -> tab setting -> Public Access Level
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pixelsmiths

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by Pixelsmiths
Great thanks!

Okay so I have

Nobody
Everybody

-Registered
-Author
-Editor
-Publisher

So basically I have to set it to Registered and the other threads (General Disc and Suggestion) to Everybody.

But isnt everyone registered if they sign in?

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by Pixelsmiths

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled
If I rephrase your question as "How can I make my website interesting enough to encourage new memebers to join it", as a general answer there are many internet sites that are devoted to the study of this subject. You might find the following information helpful to you in this matter: Top 100 tips for doing business online

Pixelsmiths wrote: ... Restrict the free members from the Temporary jobs and Permanet jobs threads. Is this possible?

Yes, see the companion Wiki site for details on how to do this: Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups

Pixelsmiths wrote: ... creating two seperate forums.Would this be possible too?

In the sense of running two separate instances of Kunena on the same website? No, this is not feasible.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pixelsmiths

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #7 by Pixelsmiths
EDIT

Okay I've been reading :)

So basically we assign different groups to different members. I'm having trouble finding the settings in the back end to change Joomla users to Registered,Authors etc

Anyone have a map?

Thank you :)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Pixelsmiths. Reason: Did some research

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds