Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Will we ever see Kunena without Joomla?

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by HTK
Personally, not a big fan of Joomla. Not a fan of the templates layouts, the CMS, the whole nine yeards. Which is fine because that's my personal opinion. But, I love the kunena forums and think they are unlike anything else out there.

So, I'm curious if you guys will ever bring Kunena outside of Joomla?

Thanks,
HTK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by fxstein
Not outside of Joomla, but maybe with a minimal Joomla install that you wont see in the frontend.

Joomla provides us with a very powerful framework, that we dont have to rewrite. Having said that, it is easy to run just Kunena as the only application and do away with all the needs for Joomla templates and other Joomla features.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by HTK

fxstein wrote: Not outside of Joomla, but maybe with a minimal Joomla install that you wont see in the frontend.

Joomla provides us with a very powerful framework, that we dont have to rewrite. Having said that, it is easy to run just Kunena as the only application and do away with all the needs for Joomla templates and other Joomla features.

Thanks, Another quick question if you don't mind. Do you have a tutorial or how would I go about making it without the joomla features and templates?

For example, your current site is fantastic. I just hate joomlas columns setup. I wish I could do away from all the columns and just have kunena.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by Matias
Just disable all modules in left and right positions (Extensions / Module Manager). :)

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds