Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Internet Exporer 8 ISSUES

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #1 by bigdm
Hey, I have tried a number of boards made to intergrate with joomla and i have to say this is my fav so far. BUT!!!! I am really having some seriously annoiying issues

internet explorer 8! the major iss is with the post new message box, within internet explorer 8 it just has a tiny square where the input box should be! With a bit of clicking around and hitting the barcode bits.. U can get it to start taking text pefectly.. BUT its a real pain! and really not useable

I tried editing the CSS, to change the msg box sizes, and when the page loads u can see the new size then it blinks and its gone back to square one (exactly what it did before)

If i swtich compbatability mode on, it it shows the area, but you have to mess about clicking it before input and now then you get some nasty lines around the box and you can insert line breaks

TYPING THIS! im starting to wonder if its a java error rather than css?? I don't no thats why im here!

The good news, it works fine on firefox! but as many people still like I.E.. that doesnt help

thanks in advance!!

PLEASE HELP!

HERE IS WHAT I MEAN!!
WITH COMPATABILITY SWITCHED OFF

STILL OFF! AFTER SOME CLICKING AROUND AND HITTING THE BARCODE

SWITCHED ON
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by bigdm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #2 by fxstein
As this is not a generic IE8 issue in 1.5.x (have been using IE8 on K1.5 forums for a while) my guess is that the site template might have something to do with your problem. Can you try (just as a test) to switch them main template to one of the ones that comes with Joomla.

If that does not change it, I would tip at a plugin. Have you installed any plugins that do anything with js or css?

If you have access to a test server, have you tried Kunena 1.6RC2? (soon to be RC3 - last before stable)

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by fxstein.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by bigdm
Replied by bigdm on topic Re: Internet Exporer 8 ISSUES
Yeah i am starting to think its an error with an addition now too! As for 1.6 i upgraded to it on this site yesterday, but it wouldnt let me post.. Just refreshed the page everytime i clicked new post

thanks for the fast reply, will come back with the results shortly

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by bigdm
Replied by bigdm on topic Re: Internet Exporer 8 ISSUES
news just in........... YEP switched to another template and it worked fine!

I'd be greatful for any help..

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
If I were in your place, I'd report your problems to the developer of the template.

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds