Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Idea pics in cloud storage (such as Amazon S3) ?

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #1 by Jasupa
Hi Kunena people

i searched this forum , but couldnt find anything about remote storage, to keep the hosting small

is there any way to put attachment images in cloud storate such as Dropbox , or Amazon S3 ?

cheers
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Jasupa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by fxstein
Right now we don't have support for this built in.

Having said that, we would love to add support for cloud storage. Do you have experience with cloud storage and could contribute such a functionality?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by Jasupa
Well, i do have experience with cloud storage.. but i guess you mean as a programmer :)

i bridged JomSocial with Kunena, via JS G-Kunena. JS did have Amazon S3 behind it , but Kunena didnt, so it was kind of a mismatch.

On JS it works really well, with resizing and deleting the original from the temporary file on the server.

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by John
Within JomSocial it is working really well! Maybe you can borrow some of their code?

More
8 years 8 months ago #5 by dtouch

More
8 years 8 months ago #6 by xillibit

dtouch wrote: Does this work with Kunena?
extensions.joomla.org/profile/extension/...ormance/ja-amazon-s3

Hello,

This is a paid extension, put pics/files into cloud storage doesn't work out of box into Kunena. Joomla! should have something to store data into cloud but it hasn't been inclued into J3.3 and i don't know into J3.4

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.624 seconds