Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question New Thread forces PHP download....

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by dannyboy
Once a user is signed into the forum and they click "New Thread" it forces the web browser to download an index.php... The forum loads with no problems... I would assume it's a php issue? But what should I do?

Thanks for the help, dan.

PHP Version 5.2.6
Joomla Version 1.5.18
Kunena 1.5.12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by Cerberus
my recommended versions ( this is what i have and i dnt get this error)

PHP Version 5.2.14 ( your hosting provider would have to update this )

Joomla Version 1.5.20 ( availible from joomla.org )

Kunena 1.5.12 or 1.6 ( availible from kunena.com )

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by MindTooth
I believe that you should at least have PHP 2.5.8. But newer is highly recommended. There is a reason for new versions being release :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
I haven't heard of this issue before. When you click the "new thread" button that your browser attempts to download a php file? Do you mean that you're given the opportunity to save this file on your PC?

Whatever people may say about the minimum technical requirements for Kunena, these matters are already covered in Wiki .

Let's try to understand this puzzling web browser behaviour of yours "forcing" the web browser to download an index.php ... :dry:

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by MindTooth
I'm always pushing for the latest, sozzled ;)

The only thing I know about downloading .php files is when the web server isn't setup correctly to render the page, but rather serves it as downloadable file. Have happen to me a lot when I setup my own webserver.

Could you link to your host, and maybe ask them for some advise as well. As long as PHP is configured correctly, I can't see why this should happen.

More
13 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled
I agree with you, MindTooth, that "latest" usually means "best" but sometimes we can't control the PHP environment that our webhosting provider sets up for us. I know, in my case, I can't control what version of PHP they have installed and I can't make changes to the php.ini file to change things just for me. Not all webhosting services are have the same restrictions but many of them do.

That's a good suggestion for dannyboy, though, to contact his webhosting provider and ask them why his site is trying to download PHP instead of rendering the page in the browser as HTML.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #7 by dannyboy
It gives the user an option to save as.... From my experience this happen when something is trying to call on a different version of php. But I would think this would be happening when the forum is first loaded. But why that particular script would be calling on a different version of php is confusing to me. I have put in a request to my host to upgrade the php... I don't know if that is going to happen. I'm on a shared host.

Thanks everyone for all of the quick feedback.

sozzled: I'm also going to give the host company the question as to why my php file isn't rendering
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by dannyboy.

More
13 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
While you are waiting for an answer from your webhost, dannyboy, you might also like to check the Joomla forum for any information about using "different versions" of PHP and what settings you can change to make Joomla work for you.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9 by dannyboy
I upgraded the machine to the latest version of PHP (5.2.14) and it worked perfect.

The New Current Version:
PHP Version 5.2.14
Joomla Version 1.5.18
Kunena 1.5.12

And the forum works like a champ!

Thank you guys for all of your help

More
13 years 7 months ago #10 by Cerberus
your welcome :)

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds