Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Only Author can edit

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by danbo1972
:blink:
How do I make it so that ONLY the author of a post can edit it? Currenly anyone can edit posts that are made by anyone. They can also block the post. I have tried to find the answer here already and have had no luck so I'm sorry if this has already been answered.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Only Author can edit
what version of kunena are you using as that is simplely not possible only people that can edit a post are the author and the moderators/admins no other user can edit other users posts..

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Only Author can edit
Authors can edit their own posts. Moderators and administrators can edit their own posts and they can also edit other users' posts. You can see when and who edited the post (the information is displayed at the foot of the message - see at the bottom of this message for example); check to see who making these changes at your forum and whether the editor is the original author or someone with moderator or administrator privileges.

When you write that user messages are being blocked, what do you mean, exactly?

This doesn't seem to me to be a technical issue. It seems to me to be "people" issues that may, or may not, involve the misuse (or abuse) of someone's moderator privileges at your website.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by danbo1972
Okay, the problem was in user management. I had a test user listed as a moderator rather than just a regular user. Problem is now solved. Thanks for the input guys~!

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds