Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Problem with site. I NEED HELP BADLY.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by stompdrive
my forums editor had problems, it would not insert bbcode into the editor area. and the img upload would not work. now i tried to install another version including files within the template directory. forum.css and smile.class.php. I only replaced these 2 files. Now When legacy is turned off on joomla, which is what i usually have it as, the error comes up Direct acces to this location is not allowed. But hwne legacy is on i get a page wit han unstyled nav bar and a bunch of errors. you can see here.

But when i turn the forum to OFF. it shows the forum and site just fine.

I think its an permissions problem or some fiels are not right. if anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it.

Please help me. i replaced the entire template directory and i am still getting these erros. PLEASE HELP I AM IN NEED to get this off the ground again.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by stompdrive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by @quila
Hi,
"Direct acces to this location is not allowed"
To solve this error check in the langauge file if you have this

defined( '_JEXEC' ) or defined ('_VALID_MOS') or die('Restricted access');

about line 23, if this line is different this error come out with Legacy turned off.

For other error, you have smile.class.php file in default_ex template folder and should not be there. Delete this file and see what happens.

Regards

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

What kunena version do you using ? What kunena template do you using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by stompdrive
1.5.12 and default_ex i believe

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by stompdrive
awesome thanks @quila it worked wow simple but bothered the heck outta me hah thansk so much life saver :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by stompdrive

@quila wrote: Hi,
"Direct acces to this location is not allowed"
To solve this error check in the langauge file if you have this

defined( '_JEXEC' ) or defined ('_VALID_MOS') or die('Restricted access');

about line 23, if this line is different this error come out with Legacy turned off.

For other error, you have smile.class.php file in default_ex template folder and should not be there. Delete this file and see what happens.

Regards

Would u happen to be able to help me on another issue. the editor in the forum is what i was trying to fix. the editor is no responsive. it wont insert the codes, and the im upload wont insert the img. so pretty ntohing works if you want i can creat a test account for you and u can test it out. and if u possibly have files for the editor without bugs and how to install it

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by @quila
If you are using Rockettheme check this first docs.kunena.com/index.php/Conflicting_plugins

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by stompdrive
awesome thanks , that was helpful like u wouldnt believe.
i think i have one more question if u could help me with it.
everything in the editor works now. but then i select an img to attach. dont i have to hit the [img] button next to the file upload. and all it does is insert [img/]
im confused of what to do or how it works

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by @quila
Well, image is uploaded only after you "Submit" post, you cannot see preview before.

[img] button you can use to place image in the post, after clicking this you see [/img] place holder for image, that mean that image will show there in the post. If you dont click this, image will be placed at bottom of the post text.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds