Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Users getting banned for posts with URLs in them

More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by emccormick
Joomla Version 1.5.17
Kunena Version 1.5.11

When a user posts a message with a URL, they can get their account disabled in Joomla. This does not happen when making articles with URLs. Some URLs would ban more often than others, for example, I tested with amazon.com and got banned every time, but google.com would go through.

Originally we were using Joomla Version 1.5.15 and had this problem all the time. After upgrading to 1.5.17, it is happening less. I was able to post amazon.com links, so we thought we were OK. But now it is back.

The more URLs that are posted, the more chances to get banned.

I have looked into the other Joomla extensions on the site, but none of them have any URL filtering. The URL banning only happens in Kunena and not in the blog component. I posted a message with three of the killer URLs to confirm that. This leads me to believe it i something in Kunena, or something that conflicts specifically with Kunena.

Any suggestions on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Session Lifetime 18000 (The site is for Dyslexics, they need the time to post)
Number of child board columns 0
Textarea Width 450
User Edit Grace Time 6000
Registered Users Only Yes
Allow Name Change Yes
E-mail Administrators Yes
File types allowed txt,doc,pdf
Show eBay tag in editor toolbar No
Auto embed eBay items No
Use avatar picture from JomSocial
Enabled Points in profile Yes
Enabled Rules for Points Yes
Minimum characters on reply 5
Enable the JomSocial Activity Stream Integration Yes
Show User Type Yes
Allow username change Yes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds