Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Getting either XAMPP or WAMP on Win7 64 bit

More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by kssocial
I lost the machine that had an XAMPP testbed running. I have tried running both WAMP and XAMPP on my Win7 64 bit machine but cannot get either one running.

Has anyone done this with success or am I just running into some self inficted issue?

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by Cerberus
xamp and wamp Will not work on a 64bit system, as for them as a whole i have found your better of paying £5/$5 a month for a small testbed shell ( hosted site ) so you can test your site than trying to use these bits of software as, as this user has found you get more troubles than you gain.

Kind Regards Cerberus

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by kssocial
Now that's an interesting idea that I had not considered or even thought of. I'll give that some thought but right now it sounds like a great idea. A real world test site. Thanks for a great idea!

Mike

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by Cerberus
i run one myself hidden in a secret location on my live site shell, and it has been an asset over the years.

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
Ummm ... did either of you read what I wrote over a day ago in Cannot insert emoticons into post ? :blush:

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #6 by Cerberus
sozzled wrote:

Ummm ... did either of you read what I wrote over a day ago in Cannot insert emoticons into post ? :blush:

yes i read that and i gave the same answer as you did just word differently.

sozzled wrote:

XAMPP or WAMP don't like to work on 64-bit Windows systems (actually, I had a feeling that it has something to do with the MySQL part of it, not the web server bits). For that reason I abandoned my web development on Windows 7 (64-bit) but I occasionally do some experimentation in Windows 7 (32-bit). The bigger problem that I have (and still not fully resolved) liew with the new Windows 7 firewall which makes it virtually impossible (the response times are far too long) trying to access web pages across a Windows 7 LAN.

Simple solution: create a test site on your internet webhost and perform your experimentation there. It might take you a bit longer, copying files over the 'net via FTP, but at least you have the confidence of knowing that whatever you prove in that test environment will probably port its way across to your production site.

There is post sozzled was refering to so that other can read his opinions on this subject too, without having to go to other posts.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 10 months ago #7 by kssocial
Actually, I did read that and forgot about it because at that time I was still involved in fixing the emoticon issue. Ok, great idea from both of you. My appreciation goes all around to a really good idea. :cheer:

Mike

More
13 years 10 months ago #8 by Peatar005
Hi ~ I'm brand new to this, so please bear with me. I have a new computer with Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Edition. Many of the tutorials and answers I read here don't mention 32-bit or 64-bit, so I better ask before installing anything on my system.

My first question is, which of these is preferable, WAMP or XAMPP, for a 64-bit system? If it doesn't matter, which is 'easier' to set up for a novice?

I want to set up a localhost, and learn Zen Cart before I take it live to replace my old Frontpage websites. I've read that I must download and install either WAMP Server 2.0h or XAMPP 1.71 (both with PHP 5.29). Or, I can install the latest version of either WAMP or XAMPP and use the Zen Cart 1.3.8a patch in the Release Announcements to make it compatible with PHP 5.3. My current web host (OLM) supports PHP 5.3, so I guess that's what I better play with on my computer.

So, my second question is, do I install the patch immediately after intalling Zen Cart 1.3.8a, before even attempting to open it?

You can tell I know nothing about any of this. It's all very new and confusing to an old Frontpage user. Everything I read here seems like a foreign language to me. I ordered a copy of e-Start from lulu.com, but it hasn't arrived yet......and I know I have to keep reading here because the book is already outdated (I've downloaded and/or copied the book updates and corrections already.) I intend to learn by reading the book, the tutorials, and this forum from end to end, and try very hard not to be a pest with a million questions.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9 by xillibit
The 64 bits systems supports 32 bits software, maybe these threads could help :

www.wampserver.com/phorum/read.php?1,60463
www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145127

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by rodvold
I use MovAMP on my Win7 box- you can download it for free from Joomla extensions. 32 bit. I haven't tried 64.

Joomla Extension Templates: extensiontemplates.com

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds