Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Glitch with Menu Items?

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by dumbmage
Hi what I mean is that I have a left column for navigation on my website and currently the modules are assigned to appear in "All" areas of my website.. however I want to disable them so that it doesn't appear in one part of my website which is the forum.

When I try to "Select Menu from the list" and deselect the forum only, all articles in one particular section doesn't display the Menu which I deselected for the forum.

I have tried assigning the section to the menu as well and only deselected the forum but it will disappear in both pages.

What is weird though is that I have other sections but they are working fine!

I hope someone will be able to help me and I hope I made sense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
No glitch here. See Menu Assignment for information on how to select and deselect modules that you want to use on various (multiple) pages of your Joomla website.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by dumbmage
Hi sozzled,

Thanks for replying, I am well aware of this and I did try it as explained in my first post. I selected everything else except for the forum, then the module does disappear in the forum but for one particular section and it disappears as well even though I have selected it.

*I only added this section to my Menu navigation today and the old sections that have previously been on the menu navigation works except for this particular one.

Btw sozzle, I figured out how to remove that third column on my site that we couldn't figure out to get the full width of the forum. The third column was there because I had a Google Analytic and Whos Amung Us modules there but couldn't see it on the frontend because they are not visible.

Thanks!

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
I am having a lot of trouble understanding what your problem is. Are we discussing Kunena or are we discussing how to use Joomla? I think we're discussing how to use Joomla and this is probably not the best forum to do that.

I've taken what you wrote and added what I think are the missing words to try to make some sense from what you've written. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

dumbmage wrote:

For each module, I used the Joomla Module Manager » Menu Assignment, selected everything from the Select Menu Item(s) List except for the forum, and the module does disappear in the forum but for one particular section ...

What do you mean "but for one particular section"? One particular section of what? Is this not what you want? Please explain.

dumbmage wrote:

... and the module disappears as well ...

The module "disappears" as well as what? Do you mean the module is uninstalled somehow? I don't understand what you mean.

dumbmage wrote:

... even though I have selected it to be displayed on the all menus except for the Kunena menu.

I only added this section to the Menu navigation of my website today and the old sections that have previously been on the menu navigation work except for this particular one.

What "old sections" are we discussing? Joomla sections, Kunena sections, sections of the menu navigation (?????), "sections" of your own imagination? I'm a blind man and I need you to guide the way. Why aren't these "sections" that were there "previously" not there any more? Which "particular one" do you mean? I'm confuzzled! :side:
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 11 months ago #5 by Cerberus
your not the only one sozzled :S

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds