Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Would a Joomlart template and Kunena work with iPhones or Blackberries?

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1 by rjwatsoniii
Hello,

I am looking at creating a web site with the following components listed below. I would like the web site to be locked down and one must login before seeing any menus, content, etc. Possibly just an introductory article on the home page with the login.

I would prefer to use the following components:

1. Joomlart Template (prefer T3 enabled as I would like to view the site on handhelds such as blackberries, iphones, etc).

2. Latest Community Builder or other community enhancing plug in.

3. Latest Joomla 1.5.15

4. Forum such as Kunena (locked down by initial login module)

As I said I want the site to be locked down. I have tried some templates such as Sanidine II which has built in CB and Fireboard but does not work well with mobile browsers such as the T3 enabled Joomlart templates.

There are some T3 enabled Joomlart templates such as Zeolite II but it seems only work well the default login module from Joomla not the one for Community Builder (CB 1.2.2). Like I said I want all menus and content to be locked down and only registered user can see those and the forum board.

Am I asking for too much. Like I said I prefer using the Joomlart templates as they are great looking and seem pretty stable. But I need to be able to view content on Blackberry Browsers.

Thank you for reading my post. Experts needed!

Rich
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
The best, simplest, and most effective advice that I can give anyone is to actually experiment with all of these features using a test site. I, like many others reading this message, am unfamiliar some of the specific matters that were raised.

It should be possible to view a Kunena forum on a mobile phone if the site template makes it possible to do so on a postage stamp-sized viewscreen. I've browsed my own websites on my mobile phone (which lacks all the sophisticated features of iPhone or Blackberries) so, in short, your idea is feasible.

But, experimentation is the key to answering this "how long is a piece of string" question. Only you really know what you're looking for.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds