Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged Help/information/tutorial/guide for my forum users

More
14 years 1 month ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1 by szwart
I'm trying to find more information on how to get started with Kunena.
To be honest, up until now I did'nt find much (as yet).

Yes, On the Wiki I did find an article with the title of "Kunena - A basic Overview for Beginners". And that is just what it is; a basic overview, a feature list (to me). That is, alas, not what I'm looking for... :unsure:

OK, the article says what one can do with Kunena, and a lot less (for me, that is) on how things are (or can be) done. What I'm trying to find is a kind of a step-by-step manual on how to get started and how things are done. That would "steepen" my learning curve...

So, is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve relevance for search purposes; change topic icon; topics merged

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

There are not this kind of thing in the wiki, you have docs on specifics subjects, FAQ... All people are free to contribute to the wiki, by fixing items, add new items...

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by szwart
That is clear, as I already found out... As a matter of fact I have been scrutinizing the wiki's. In that process I did find some information I could use. But as I'm an abolute beginner on the Kunena subject (and very willing to learn more) I was just wondering if the wiki-information is about all I could get.

So, my question was not about that wiki. I was just wondering if anyone knows about articles, in the form I was looking for, that could give me a good push (or even a headstart ;) ) on the road to mastering the Kunena component...

I wouldn't mind if those articles were in Dutch, German or even French...

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
The best way to learn is to practise. Seriously, that's the answer. The documentation answers many of the technical questions that you're likely to encounter, when you encounter them, but the first hurdle to overcome is to know what you can and cannot do. ;)

The "overview for beginners" information is, I agree, not much more than a feature list for people who are intending to install the Kunena component. There is a rough "user guide", too, to help familiarise your users with some of Kunena's features: A basic forum help page for beginners . But, as xillibit has stated, the documentation Wiki is very much a work-in-progress and we welcome contributions from our users. :)

As I mentioned earlier, you can go a long way if you practise and experiment. To gain a head start, install Kunena on a test site and play with it. Conduct your experimentation scientifically, checking out how each feature works, and gradually develop your own understanding of the concepts, the product, its features and limitations. When you feel confident enough, you are ready to launch Kunena on your own live, production site. Go get 'em, tiger! :laugh:

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #5 by venezs
Thank you , You words have motivated me
The best way to learn is to practise :) :) :)

www.Jendela-alam.com
Save the Nature for the Future

More
13 years 10 months ago #6 by Derivanator
Replied by Derivanator on topic FAQ for my website
I have recently installed your forum software on my website and was wondering where i can find FAQ to place in the help menu of my forum, i have found a standard that is written in your FAQ area under FAQ wiki, am i allowed to put this in my help tab on my forum or is there a standard proforma to do this

More
13 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: FAQ for my website
G'day, Derivanator, and welcome to Kunena. Thank you for your question. The short answer is that there isn't a built-in, pro forma help page for Kunena but it's easy to design and build your own. The documentation Wiki explains the steps involved in How to create a rule and a help page . You are most welcome, if you find the information useful to you, to use the contents of A basic forum help page for beginners for your own site. :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #8 by kenthing
Replied by kenthing on topic biginner
I'm just learning kunena, where to start? please guide, thanks

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: biginner
G'day, kenthing, and welcome to Kunena.

As a user, you may find this article worthwhile: A basic forum help page for beginners

As a site administrator, you may find this article is better suited to your needs: A basic overview of Kunena for beginners

The companion Wiki site - docs.kunena.com - has a lot of useful information to help you run your website better.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenthing

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #10 by igora5
Where is the best tuttorial for kunena
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve relevance for search purposes

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds