Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
13 years 5 months ago #91 by rain
me too want to know about this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #92 by sozzled

rain wrote: me too want to know about this

Excuse me, rain. You want to know about what, specifically? You want to know how to protect your forum from spam? :dry:

More
13 years 5 months ago #93 by sozzled

400kg wrote: forum administration is not there..... >>> oppZzz
Go to the Joomla Backend, then to Components -> Kunena Forum -> Kunena Configuration and select Forum Administration.
plz advice :huh:

If you also notice, at the top of the article Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups there is a large banner:

I have not had time to update everything on the Wiki, to change/update old K 1.5 references to the functions as they now exist in K 1.6. I would certainly appreciate any offers of help to assist in this task of bringing the documentation site up-to-date.

Where you see Forum Administration in the Wiki use Category Manager instead. In the "old days" - in Fireboard - a "forum" meant a "level-1 category" ... :sick: Talk about confusing!
Attachments:

More
13 years 5 months ago #94 by rain
i want to know about that moderator review option...

More
13 years 5 months ago #95 by sozzled
The moderator review feature is controlled by a category setting.

The category settings are controlled by the Category Manager (in K 1.6) - which used to be called the Forum Administration in K 1.5. The instructions for how to do this are written in Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups. These instructions were written for K 1.5 but most of the concepts still apply in K 1.6. Unfortunately I do not have enough hours in my day to answer everyone's questions and to update all the old articles written in the Wiki.

If someone would like to offer their help to improve the quality and the currency of the documentation I am sure that I speak on behalf of the whole community ... we would be very appreciative of such offers to help. It is unfortunate that, whenever I ask for people to offer to help to improve the quality and the currency of the Wiki documentation, everyone seems to have a convenient excuse for not being able to help.

If anyone can help improve the quality and the currency of the Wiki documentation (so that whenever we receive commonly-asked questions about how to use Kunena effectively we could simply point people to the information) we would love to hear from you. If you are reading this and think you might be able to help, please send me a PM and I'd be willing to teach you everything I know about how to produce Wiki articles. It's not that difficult. It just takes time. I don't have that time.

More
13 years 5 months ago #96 by iapad
In the past I have been using other fora and have been suffering from endles registrations by spambots. Is Kuena registration process secured by reCapcha?

More
13 years 5 months ago #97 by sozzled
G'day, iapad, and welcome to Kunena.

Kunena is not responsible for user registration, login or logout. These are Joomla features; these are features that may (or may not) be assisted by additional components that you may have chosen to install and integrate with Kunena; these may be features that are incorporated into components like JomSocial or Community Builder, for example.

More
13 years 5 months ago #98 by iapad
Thanks for the reply. This is what I found on the joomla site: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...authentication/10802 (Registration Validator 2 (pro)). The developer claims it works well with Kunena. Did anybody try it out?

More
13 years 5 months ago #99 by ekoul
Dear Kunena Community,

I have embedded a Kunena forum in my www.optitrans-fp7.eu site that I support and I face the following problem:
I have enabled the CAPTCHA option and I see that it works fine for the visitors that want to leave a post.
The problem is with the registered users: I receive many fake registrations and these registered uses may leave spam posts etc. The question is: Can I enable a CAPTCHA requirement during the registration procedure of each new user? Or, what else can I do in order to have only real registrations?

Thank you in advance for your time,
ekoul

More
13 years 5 months ago #100 by Moonstone
I use a free Joomla plugin called Registration Validator. You can find it on the Joomla Extensions Directory (JED). It's like a giant can of RAID for spammers. Stopped them dead.

Time to create page: 0.624 seconds