Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Does the Kunena extension use any Akeeba software framework?

More
2 years 8 months ago #1 by nemmar
Hi,
Do your Kunena extension use any Akeeba software framework?
The Akeeba extensions developer mentioned that some other Joomla extensions may be using the following Akeeba software to run their extensions: Akeeba Strapper, FOF 3, FOF 4, and FEF software. Those Akeeba software versions have been eliminated for Joomla 4 with Akeeba extensions. But before I uninstall them it was recommended that I check with my other non-Akeeba extensions to find out if they use that software to run their extensions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #2 by rich
www.akeeba.com/news/1745-about-our-fof-a...nd-their-future.html
I assume that you have read this article. Even if Kunena does not use this framework (I think no, but don't know it exactly), you must not uninstall it.
Quote of this article:
>> However, not all versions of FOF are part of our software. FOF is a generic backend framework which is used by third party developers, including Joomla itself. <<
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by rich.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds