Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Logged in users not logged into Kunena on second site

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1 by RustyJoomla
I have 2 sites, let's call them site1 and site2. They're setup as subdomains such as:

site1.domain.com and site2.domain.com

They're both running Joomla 3.9.24 and I have created a view on site2 database to get their user details from the site1 database.

I have renamed the tables on site2 db:
Code:
RENAME TABLE `site2_users` TO `site2_bak_users`; RENAME TABLE `site2_session` TO `site2_bak_session`; RENAME TABLE `site2_usergroups` TO `site2_bak_usergroups`; RENAME TABLE `site2_user_notes` TO `site2_bak_user_notes`; RENAME TABLE `site2_user_profiles` TO `site2_bak_user_profiles`; RENAME TABLE `site2_user_usergroup_map` TO `site2_bak_user_usergroup_map`; RENAME TABLE `site2_viewlevels` TO `site2_bak_viewlevels`;

and then created a view on site2 database to get the user details from site1 database:
Code:
CREATE VIEW `site2_users` AS SELECT * FROM `SITE1_DATABASE`.`site1_users`; CREATE VIEW `site2_session` AS SELECT * FROM `SITE1_DATABASE`.`site1_session`; CREATE VIEW `site2_usergroups` AS SELECT * FROM `SITE1_DATABASE`.`site1_usergroups`; CREATE VIEW `site2_user_notes` AS SELECT * FROM `SITE1_DATABASE`.`site1_user_notes`; CREATE VIEW `site2_user_profiles` AS SELECT * FROM `SITE1_DATABASE`.`site1_user_profiles`; CREATE VIEW `site2_user_usergroup_map` AS SELECT * FROM `SITE1_DATABASE`.`site1_user_usergroup_map`; CREATE VIEW `site2_viewlevels` AS SELECT * FROM `SITE1_DATABASE`.`site1_viewlevels`;

This is working great.

Site2 is running Kunena and the users are showing in the users data in Kunena.

I was assuming that if a user is logged into site1, then they should be logged into site2 automatically?

But if I log into site1 and then load site2, I need to log in again (using the same log-in info)I need the user session to be the same for both sites.

Any ideas?
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by RustyJoomla.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #2 by rich
I've tested this long time ago and in principle it should work. But I'm not sure, if the login works for both pages when you log in on the page, which uses the table views.

Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by rich.

More
3 years 3 months ago #3 by RustyJoomla
Thanks, the users work perfectly. I can log into both site1 and site2 with the same info. Create a user on site1 and then that's available on site2, that's working.

It's just the sessions that aren't working.

As in, I want to be able to login to site1 and then go to site2 and the same user is already logged in.

More
3 years 3 months ago #4 by rich
I think, it's a synchronization problem. If you after login goes to the other page you visit these as guest and so will the user table not updated.
You can test it. Login in both pages, then log out only on one of this page. Now go to the second page, you should be logged out also here. Logout should work for both pages, because it's a user action.

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds