Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question problem with easysocial plugin url / pagination

More
6 years 1 month ago #1 by xreliable
When a post/reply is made in the EasySocial stream this is displayed with a "View Reply" and "View Thread"

When a user wants to click through to the Reply, the URL for "View Reply" is being formatted as:

site.com/forum/category/12531-best-wiget/12567.html#12567

The "12567" before the ".html" and appended to the end represent the "Real Post ID" (kunena administrator language)

This will actually take the user to that reply BUT this causes problems with the pagination. If for example you have a forum with 10 posts per page and say you click on page 3 of the pagination the URL would be:

site.com/forum/category/12531-best-wiget/12567.html#12567?start=20

However that URL is based upon this improperly formatted version that was created via the EasySocial stream, and won't actually take you to page two of the pagination. From the actual kunena navigation should be:

site.com/forum/category/12531-best-wiget?start=20

This is on Kunena 5.0.13 using Blue Eagle5, Joomla 3.8.5, php 7.0.27

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #2 by xreliable
using 5.1 RC4 "seems" to have resolved the pagination issue but I really can't test it properly. The reason that I say this is because I can run Kunena but with the EasySocial plugin enabled, the rest of the site is returning 404 errors with "Call to undefined method KunenaForumTopic::authorise()"
So I can't test the EasySocial stream to confirm this is 100% fixed.

I'd hate to have to uninstall 5.1 RC4 since I've just traded one problem for another but this later problem is pretty major.
So it seems that this plugin needs to be updated for 5.1. Will that be coming any time soon?

More
6 years 1 week ago #3 by xreliable
Worked with Stackideas and one of their programmers provided a fix to two files for their Kunena app. This has resolved the stream and pagination issues. Do you want copies of the files they provided updates for?

More
6 years 1 week ago #4 by 810
ok thnx, please add the plugin, or send to [email protected] then i will merge the changes on our plugin to.

More
6 years 1 week ago #5 by xreliable
here are the two files which reside at:

../media/com_easysocial/apps/user/kunena/kunena.php
.../media/com_easysocial/apps/user/kunena/themes/default/streams/reply.preview.php
Attachments:

More
6 years 1 week ago #6 by 810
ok, that plugin we don't support. That's their other plugin. I think they will add the fix on the next release.

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds