Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to completely uninstall Kunena

More
15 years 1 month ago #1 by YBA
Hello

I think I have got some coding conflicts so I want to completely uninstall both Fireboard and Kunena and start again.

I also have CB installed.

I have uninstalled both Fireboard and Kunena

I have deleted all tables jos_fb_****

In CB I think I have to also uninstall the plugins

Is this correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2 by johnnydement
CB plugins should not modify kunena tables nor installation in any way, but it may keep some config on it's own, so would not be bad idea to reinstall too...

Now, simply insall kunena again ;)

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by Nemesisss
Hi,

I accidentally installed this on an incorrect domain site and want to remove it but I can't seem to find anywhere that lets me do that. I searched the forums and looked through the documentation but didn't see anything about it unless I missed something.

I'd like to just uninstall the forum completely.

thanks.

More
11 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
You uninstall Kunena just like you would uninstall any other Joomla extension. If you want to know how to uninstall a Joomla extension, I recommend you ask at forum.joomla.org

More
11 years 6 months ago #5 by rich
Replied by rich on topic How do you uninstall a forum?
If you want to completely remove Kunena (including database) is better you use the installer and upload Kunena again. Instead of "Reinstall Kunena" use the button "Remove Kunena". This removed Kunena including database and integration plugins.

Attachments:

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #6 by Nemesisss
Thanks for the info Rich, much appreciated. I did attempt to reinstall the component in hopes that would trigger the install process as I was looking for the very screen you posted Rich, however I got an error when I did that (db conflicts perhaps?) and so I couldn't do it that way. I will have to read up on this installer.

As for the other comment of removing it just like any other joomla extension, that is not the case if you want the db removed. I removed it the painful method of uninstalling all the plugins which doesn't remove the database tables that were added so I had to manually remove those.

If a user installs a component I'm fairly certain they will know how to uninstall a standard joomla extension, not to mention the fact they would know the link to the joomla forums, but I appreciate the response.

Rich's method is a much cleaner soluation for most and one that I certainly will use in the future should I have the need to remove this forum again.

Thanks!!
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Nemesisss.

More
10 years 7 months ago #7 by Scholz
Replied by Scholz on topic Uninstall Kunena completely
How can I completely uninstall Kunena 3.01?

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Uninstall Kunena completely
G'day, Scholtz, and welcome to the forum.

You uninstall Kunena as you would normally uninstall any other Joomla component. Do you know how to uninstall Joomla extensions? If you do not know how to uninstall Joomla extensions there are many fine resources on the Internet that will explain how this is done. You use the Joomla Extension Manager feature in the backend to uninstall Kunena - any version, not just K 3.0.1. B)

*** Topics merged by moderator ***

There may also be other information posted earlier in this topic that may be helpful to you.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.631 seconds