Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Using Gantry Social Icons for login and logout

More
7 years 1 month ago #1 by shoulders
Hi,

How has Kunena forum manages to use Gantry Social Icons to display Login and then logout once you are logged in?

I know how to use the social icons module but there are not options to set permissions, have you customised it?

Thanks

shoulders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #2 by shoulders
This is not quite the anser but will explain how you can do a similiar sort of effect for login menus.

I created a 'User' menu and an accompanying module called 'User Menu'. The module is publish publically (Public).

Within the menu I created the following items (with their Access group)
1) Login (Guest)
2) Logout (Registered)
3) My Account (Registered)

This will then chang depending on whether you are logged in or not.
NB: you need to have a recent version of Jomla and have your Guest group configured properely (Joomla Admin-->System-->Global Configuration-->Users-->Guest User Group = Guest)

You could use the Public Access group

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds