Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Tools to find malware URLs in forum

More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by robdotinfo
Just received a message from a user:

opened a link in the forum (pretty sure it was the surfski school in glebe) and copped a ransom ware virus. Might be worth checking. Lost all pictures , music , documents and about 8 hours cleaning it out. Not certain which link but malwarebytes went berserk when I rechecked my history.

I've manually looked through all the recent threads and can find no suspicious looking links.

I'm very careful about who I let onto the forum - first two posts are moderated and since I switched that on, I've had no spammers on the site.

It's possible that this guy found a very old thread that had a URL to a bad site on it. I'm not sure why his browser security didn't pick it up.

Are there any tools where I can scan all the posts in the forum to look for bad URLs?

Any other advice on what to do would be welcome - if a rumour gets out that the site links to ransomware, I'm toast!

www.surfski.info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds