Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Kunena Team, thank you!

More
8 years 3 months ago #1 by loppan
Hey there,

I realized that using this forum only for reporting problems does not really seem fair to me, it kind of gives the wrong picture of what Kunena is about... So, time to write something more positive :).

I've been running a forum since 2006, started off with phpBB2 which later turned into phpBB3... then we discovered Joomla and bridged phpBB with Joomla using JFusion for a while... Which worked ok but every bridge have their downsides I guess, and we wanted a native Joomla forum instead... So the choice was now between Kunena - or Agora, which seemed like a nice upcoming forum at the time. Kunena was quite young at the time if I remember right... Maybe this was during the Fireboard days even... can't remember :).

Anyways... we had a good run with Agora, until development stopped a year or two ago... The support more or less died too... And what good is a paid extension without support!? It was time to move on.

I actually migrated back to phpBB for a while, until I finally got to my senses and gave Kunena a go. And I must say that a more stable forum software is hard to find :). And it's free. And super easy to customize. At this time, Crypsis was in a very early development stage so I didn't really tried it out until just recently.

And now I'm REALLY in love with Kunena. Crypsis is giving my forum a modern and very sleek look... it's clean and works perfect on mobile devices. And as usual, super easy to customize to my liking.

Great stuff!!!! Keep it up :D

Best wishes

Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds