Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Change table type from InnoDB to MyIsam

More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by sulpher
Hello,
I'm using Joomla 3.4.3 and Kunena 4.0.3.
is it allowed to change type of kunena_messages table from InnoDB to MyIsam? Won't it affect the forum?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Why do-you want to change to MyIsam ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by sozzled

xillibit wrote: Why do-you want to change to MyIsam ?

... and why is this topic in the "reporting defects" category?

sulpher wrote: I'm using Joomla 3.4.3 and Kunena 4.0.3.
is it allowed to change type of kunena_messages table from InnoDB to MyIsam? Won't it affect the forum?

Most of the discussions I have read (like this one ) are about people wanting to convert from myISAM to InnoDB, not the other way around. This information may be useful to you: groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/joomla-dev...8nH_LOg/em_dJr4l7I8J

To be completely honest, I don't know if this affects Kunena or not but, by the same token, I really don't see any benefit in moving away from InnoDB. There may not even be a right or wrong answer. I have not seen this particular question asked before about going from InnoDB -> myISAM ... and I think there's an almost zero-chance that we will see this question asked again in future.

I guess the simple answer is that myISAM is probably not supported. :S

More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by sulpher

xillibit wrote: Hello,
Why do-you want to change to MyIsam ?

I would like add fulltext index to "subject" field. That's supported only for MyIsam table types.

P.S. I am sorry I posted topic in wrong category, it's better to move it in General questions.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled

sulpher wrote: ... I posted topic in wrong category, it's better to move it in General questions.

It's probably better if this was moved to the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category. As I said before, I have never seen this question asked before and I don't think I will see it asked again.

One think we both agree on: this is not a defect in Kunena.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #6 by ChaosHead
Sozzled, everyone understands that this is not a defect. Sulpher excused already, that was wrong category. You write a lot, but not on the subject. I think it's a flood.

Forum has excellent features for moderation. If necessary, administrators will move this topic to a different category. Or Sulpher creates another one in the right category.

The question is: Forum uses any Innodb extra features (like transactions or something else), or it is MyISAM compatible?
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by ChaosHead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sulpher

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds