Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Im New to Kunena and getting spam everyday. Need Help configuring.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #21 by 810
use also the joomla recaptcha 2.0 plugin.

With both enabled you should be spam free.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by 810.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #22 by sozzled

810 wrote: use also the joomla recaptcha 2.0 plugin

... which, by the way, does not work with 99% of K 4.0 templates (it only works with Crypsis) and it does not work with the Kunena Discuss plugin, neither of use the Joomla Captcha - reCaptcha plugin.

More
8 years 8 months ago #23 by ratmil
What I meant was that R-Antispam works as two layer filter, if using Akismet. It checks spam on user registration and on message posting. If one fails, the other may still work.

More
8 years 8 months ago #24 by 810
@Michael, now its working on discuss 3.1

More
8 years 8 months ago #25 by sozzled

810 wrote: @Michael, now its working on discuss 3.1

What are you talking about? What is "it" that is now "working" on "discuss 3.1"? I have tested Kunena Discuss (version 3.1) on three websites all using K 4.0.3 with the Joomla Captcha - reCaptcha plugin enabled. In all cases, Kunena Discuss v 3.1 uses the Kunena component configuration settings to display the CAPTCHA.

In all cases, the CAPTCHA that is displayed is Google's reCAPTCHA version 1 not version 2 as you wrote in msg #21 earlier.

I'm confused. What has changed—between what I wrote (after testing the situation) 24 hours ago and now—to make Kunena Discuss 3.1 work differently? :S

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #26 by sozzled
I have to apologise. :blush: The numbering is what confused me. Kunena Discuss version 3.1 (not version 3.0.7 which was the version I was using)!

Because I had not seen any announcement, no indication for the sudden appearance of an unusually named version "3.1" on the scene, this was the reason for my confusion.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 8 months ago #27 by sozzled
Because of the silly restriction in K 4.0—the so-called "anti-spam" counter-measure that limits the number of links posted in a message to 6 or less (by default)—I was unable to post a complete message in this forum with links to various resources that I have been using. Therefore, because I do not know what restriction has been applied in this forum in the value of the setting Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Max Links in message, I will have to reply to this topic in several messages.

The first point I want to make is that I was confused about the new release of Kunena Discuss because there was no announcement appearing in the forum here, nothing on the developers blog page and nothing in the "official documentation" .

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #28 by sozzled
The second point that I want to make (and because the second point also contains references to currently available information which is why I could not make this point earlier) is that the new Kunena add-ons that were released in the last 48 hours and that are available on the download page, are unusually numbered.

The third point that I want to make is the combination of the unusual numbering, the absence of any announcement and the lack of information are somewhat sudden, surprising and a little unsettling. I mean no disrespect here but I have to wonder if these new versions have been subjected to the same degree or rigorous testing as has been done with the main forum component?

The fourth point that I wish to make is that there have been updates to the Joomla Extensions Directory notifying the broad Joomla community about these new releases but there is little I have seen, in the 10 minutes or so that I have been checking, about how these versions are different to what has been available in the past.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 4 months ago #29 by mythus
Sorry for the necropost ratmil, but I thought you might be interested in knowing that r-Antispam seems to have an effect on the preview function that Kunena provides. It did for me at least.

As indicated in this thread here , I was having issues with preview not working. After getting some helpful advice from sozzled and 810, and doing the slow task of troubleshooting by disabling all mods and enabling them one at a time, I was able to single out r-Antispam and have a working preview function.

One of the clues that caused me to try disabling r-Antispam was a report in the error.log:

errorlog wrote: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/mythus/public_html/administrator/components/com_rantispam/builtinplugins/kunena.php on line 88

If there is any other information I can give you on this, please let me know.

More
8 years 4 months ago #30 by 810
could you check on the file what line 88 is.

Also report it to r-Antispam, so they can fix it.

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds