Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Where's Step-by-Step Instructions for Lay person

More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by agabby
Hello.. So I've spent at least 3 weeks searching this forum, in addition to external sites that have Kunena information. Why are there no Step-by-Step instructions for the lay person.

I know how to edit and apply CSS Code. But, I cannot find answers to simple stuff like..

1) how to move my forum to the far left or right side of the page? or

2) How to add modules to the side of the forum? or

3) Is it possible to insert inside a joomla module for more flexibility and control?

I'm hoping my template developer will help me since he uses Kunena which is why I was directed here.

When I find the answers I will post everywhere possible to help the next person.

Ridiculous.. lots of information but nothing really specific and detailed. Thank you.

A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
In principle these are Joomla- and Joomla template questions.

1) how to move my forum to the far left or right side of the page?

Kunena automatically uses the space, which is offered by the Joomla template.

2) How to add modules to the side of the forum?

There are modul positions in Joomla templates. The positions will be displayed, if you want to insert a module.

3) Is it possible to insert inside a joomla module for more flexibility and control?

What do you mean with more flexibility and control?
Here are the Kunena module positions: www.kunena.org/docs/Module_Positions
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by rich.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by agabby
Hello.. All I know is that I cannot move, modify my Kunena forum template (Blue Eagle) that sits on my joomla template page. I do not know which css file to use. I'd like to change the background color of the page as well.

I'm designing my Joomla website and know how to use modules, etc., I even know how to go to the template css and make revisions.

I'm thinking the Kunena Forum is not sitting in a module, but IS the page itself.

All I need is for someone to go into my back-end and tell me how it is set up and if I've done something wrong.

Thanks

A

More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by agabby
Rich,

I checked your suggestion www.kunena.org/docs/Module_Positions before while researching in the past. When I use the preview module for the Kunena Forum page.. nothing appears. However, I use it for other pages.. I can see all of my module positions.

When I use firebug I can of course highlight the forum on the page.. see css code on the side.. I can play with it changing background color.. but can't find this same css code anywhere. Again.. also cannot find how to reduce width, move to the far left or right.

But, no the preview modules do not appear when I use the above. Thx

april

More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by agabby
Hello,

OK, so my template developer was able to input the side-col-a module.. not sure why I couldn't do it.

After using Firebug forever.. I found that the position I need to modify is this

#container_main .wrapper960 {position:relative;}
#container_main .wrapper960 div {
box-sizing:border-box;
-moz-box-sizing: border-box;
}

After researching I found how to modify the template.css #container_main .wrapper960 div from relative to fixed and added

width: 1000px;
height: 200px;
left: 10%;
top: 0%;
margin-left: -100px;

Its moving towards my goal. The issue is with the box-sizing:border-box, etc., because it does not stay in relationship to the container wrapper when I make the changes.

But, this is a big leap forward and I assume what is meant by the template structure.

A

More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by rich
Topic moved. It has nothing to do with Kunena problems.
There is no general solution for your problem. Every Web pages and also templates are structured differently. Therefore, you will find not a step by step instruction. You need help from someone who knows your page.

More
8 years 11 months ago #7 by agabby
As I stated that's obvious now.. however there are still no step by step instructions for formatting.. and how to locate the css code. I doubt that I will be back here looking for answers.. let me take it to the internet. Hoping I wont regret the forum because customer service can carry more weight than a good product

A

More
8 years 11 months ago #8 by rich
Please see here:
www.kunena.org/docs/Changing_Template_an...Colours_-_the_Basics
www.kunena.org/docs/Firebug
Several changes are possible directly in the template Blue Eagle (Backend > Kunena > Templates > Blue Eagle).

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds