Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Forum send emails to all users when new user registers.

More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by neotox428
When a new user registers on the site every single registered user of the site gets an email stating that a new user has joined the site. Anyone else having this problem? How can it be stopped?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by neotox428
Forum sends email to all site users when new user registers.

config report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 192M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : Thunderbirds336 | author: Greg Turnage | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.7 | creationdate: 2015-02-01

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.7 | 2015-02-01 [ Galah ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1

More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by rich
These are system mails from Joomla. Kunena has no own registration and has nothing to do with these mails. Please check in "Joomla user manager" whether is set for all users "Receive System Emails = No".

More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by neotox428
I can not find anywhere in Joomla 3.4 User manager where it has an option for "Receive System Email="

More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by 810
go to joomla usermanager, click right on options

More
9 years 1 month ago #6 by neotox428
yea and the only place there is to "Notification Mail to Administrators" yes/no....if i turn that off then no one gets emails except the user activation link...super users are not notified of new users either.

More
9 years 1 month ago #7 by rich
Click on the name of users and you can see it.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled

neotox428 wrote: When a new user registers on the site every single registered user of the site gets an email stating that a new user has joined the site. Anyone else having this problem?

I don't know what exactly is the "problem".

Are you saying that, for example, if I registered at your website, all other "registered" users would receive an email informing them of my registration? Is that what you are suggesting? Perhaps all your other "registered" users are, in fact, administrators ?

I have looked at your Kunena configuration report. I would suggest that you enable the Kunena - Kunena plugin .
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #9 by neotox428
That is exactly what I am saying....if you were to register on my site...ever single user on my site would receive an email with the following:

Hello administrator,

A new user 'Gregtest', username 'gregtest', has registered at mydomain.com

If I turn off the feature in joomla to send the administrator and email when someone new joins the site I don't think it sends them. But, I don't get the email either. No one does.

No one is a admin on my site except me so that isn't the case so they shouldn't get the mail.

I have tried the plugin both on and off and same thing. I is on now by the way.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by neotox428.

More
9 years 1 month ago #10 by neotox428

rich wrote: Click on the name of users and you can see it.

Yea on each individual user you can change recieve system email or not but would you want to click on 1000 users and change this?

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds