Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Important Reset all tables

More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by aalhait
Reset all tables was created by aalhait
I've had the forum up for almost a year and I just found out that it has been used for Spam. I need to reset ALL User and ALL posts. Since I really never configured it.

How do I do it fast via mySQL admin? SQL calls?

I do not want to reset all of Joomla, but I can also use a SQL call to delete all users there (except the admin of course) Does anyone have insight on that?

Thanks much!

Also how do you add the Captcha? Is there a plugin I can add to that to avoid spammers?

Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by aalhait
Replied by aalhait on topic Reset all tables
It seems the amount of data is in the Gigs! I think it's almost 10GBs! that's why the web console is not working and timing out. Almost 1M posts and 20K users!

This is what happens when you have no clue the developer who installed your website did not know what he was doing! Even though the registration form was never there! But how would spammers find out the site is a Joomla site and where to look! it was not even published! and was hidden in a development directory!

More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by aalhait
Replied by aalhait on topic Reset all tables
OK here's what I've done to save a total of 28 GBs!

In mySQL admin

I ran the following commands:

TRUNCATE yourdbname.ic7dh_kunena_user_topics
TRUNCATE yourdbname.ic7dh_kunena_messages_text
TRUNCATE yourdbname.ic7dh_kunena_messages
TRUNCATE yourdbname.ic7dh_kunena_topics

I don't know what else to run I have an issue with the users also but I will dig a little more

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #4 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Reset all tables
Hi, i think your website is on a list, for spammers, once they notice its easy to post, they create scripts to do that.

What i use for spam is: github.com/joomlaworks/Akismet-For-Kunena
download link is on the bottom, you need a key from akismet.com (free)

If you not use kunena anymore, you have the default captcha plugin. you need to enable that. and check the user settings.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by 810.

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds