Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Duplicate META description and title

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #1 by loic
Hello,

I have duplicate meta description (and title too) alert on Google webmaster tools for all my forum post

the variable from one url to the other is : ?start=...

awesomescreenshot.com/0e63mer3a2

any ideas how to solve this ?

thanks in advance
Loïc
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by loic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #2 by loic
hello,
i am the only one with this problem ?

Loïc

More
9 years 4 months ago #3 by 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
9 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Sounds, to me, like a worthwhile change to be making to K 3.0. I believe this change would benefit many people who are looking for ways to improve site traffic and improve their rankings in the internet search engines.

More
9 years 4 months ago #5 by 810
could you try: \components\com_kunena\views\topic\view.html.php line 962

change:
Code:
$title = JText::sprintf('COM_KUNENA_VIEW_TOPICS_DEFAULT', $this->topic->subject) . " ({$page}/{$pages})";

to:
Code:
if ($page) { $title = JText::sprintf('COM_KUNENA_VIEW_TOPICS_DEFAULT', $this->topic->subject) . " ({$page}/{$pages})"; } else { $title = JText::sprintf('COM_KUNENA_VIEW_TOPICS_DEFAULT', $this->topic->subject); }

More
6 years 2 months ago #6 by 4max
I have found many duplicate titles at my forum page.

There are many with topic name with aditional number at the end.
vse-o-krmivech.cz/forum/krmeni-psu/5-obezita/10
vse-o-krmivech.cz/forum/krmeni-psu/5-obezita

Why is there the url with /10 at the end?

There is second groupe with different url looking like that:
vse-o-krmivech.cz/forum/krmeni-psu/11-ho...ace/70?limitstart=30
vse-o-krmivech.cz/forum/krmeni-psu/11-ho...ace/70?limitstart=36

What does this limitstart means and why is it there?

Is there any way how to avoid these duplicates?

More
6 years 2 months ago #7 by 810
*) the message id.

*) Limitstart is needed for the pagination, then the system know how to resolve it to pages.

Is there any way how to avoid these duplicates?
*) We will check it, how to improve it. we don't get that urls by default, only if you use own menu items.

More
6 years 2 months ago #8 by 4max
Thank you for clarification,

For me are the urls a little bit weird.

This is the page one and correct link a href from the page code.
vse-o-krmivech.cz/forum/krmeni-psu/11-hodnoceni-deklarace
Code:
<title>Hodnocení deklarace - Fórum vse-o-krmivech</title> <link href="/forum/krmeni-psu/11-hodnoceni-deklarace?limitstart=6" rel="next"

*) the message id.

This is the same page with message No 68. Link to the message is refered as page anchor link #68.
vse-o-krmivech.cz/forum/krmeni-psu/11-hodnoceni-deklarace#68
Code:
<a href="#68" id="68" rel="canonical">#68</a>
The /68 is not anchor link. Site system shows refered url and first page. Morever, such page behave strange. If user select any other page the browser do not move and stay at the first page
vse-o-krmivech.cz/forum/krmeni-psu/11-hodnoceni-deklarace/68

*) Limitstart is needed for the pagination, then the system know how to resolve it to pages.

This is the url and href from a wrong refered page that cause duplication. Please pay attention the "limitstart" starts with "?". In addition to the correct url (below) it has the strange part of url (/70) that I described above and that probably is the source of all issues.
vse-o-krmivech.cz/forum/krmeni-psu/11-ho...ace/70?limitstart=42
Code:
<title>Hodnocení deklarace - Fórum vse-o-krmivech</title> <link href="/forum/krmeni-psu/11-hodnoceni-deklarace/70?limitstart=6" rel="next" />
This is the url correctly refered page 7. The page contain the page number in the title in order to avoid duplicates - correct.
vse-o-krmivech.cz/forum/krmeni-psu/11-ho...larace?limitstart=36
Code:
<title>Hodnocení deklarace - Strana: 7] - Fórum vse-o-krmivech</title> <link href="/forum/krmeni-psu/11-hodnoceni-deklarace?limitstart=30" rel="prev" /> <link href="/forum/krmeni-psu/11-hodnoceni-deklarace?limitstart=42" rel="next" />

I have checked the Kunena menu and there seems to be no issue - see attached picture. I am ready to provide any additional informations.

Here the report configuration:

This message contains confidential information
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds