Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Ads for non-members and no ads for members

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #1 by friday shoes
If I introduce ads between topics in Kunena is there a way to make them show only to non-members of the forum?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #2 by TKtemp
Hi,

if you for "members" mean "registered users" you could add few lines of code in Kunena template file to achieve this.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #3 by woonydanny
this is handled by joomla not kunena.

all you need to do is create your ad modules and assign them to guest user level. that way they are shown to non-registered users only.

there are endless possiblities of how you can show stuff on joomla, you just need to read up more about ability of joomla's ACL :)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by woonydanny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: friday shoes

More
10 years 1 week ago #4 by friday shoes

woonydanny wrote: this is handled by joomla not kunena.

all you need to do is create your ad modules and assign them to guest user level. that way they are shown to non-registered users only.

there are endless possiblities of how you can show stuff on joomla, you just need to read up more about ability of joomla's ACL :)

That sounds much easier, thanks for the suggestion.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds