Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Subscribers not receiving emails after recent update

More
10 years 2 months ago #1 by frueter
Hi,

after recent updates subscribers on my site no longer receive email notifications about new posts.
I am on Kunena 3.0.1, Joomla 2.5.17. Other mail functions on the site (including Kunena's "report" feature) work fine.
It's been a while since I set up the forum and it has been working fine until now.
Below is the config report.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

frank

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : hot_flashes | author: HotJoomlaTemplates.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Search 3.0.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2 by frueter
I have updated to Kunena 3.0.4 but still can't get email notifications to work again.

Any hint how to debug this would be greatly appreciated!

frank

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #3 by sozzled
Did you know that you know that people who subscribe to topics or categorues will only receive email notifications if someone other than themselves posts a message? If you are the only user on your site, you will never receive email notifications from the forum. You will only receive emails for subscribed topics or categories when someone else posts a message on your forum.

You should also fix up your Joomla menu; see Kunena Menu issues in the Wiki to restore a simpler, standard Kunena menu.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 1 month ago #4 by frueter
thanks, but that's not it. I dug a bit deeper and it seems to be an issue with our provider and their outbound mail filter. In other words Kunena is off the hook :)

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds