Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved My main Joomla menu shifts left on my forum pages

More
10 years 2 months ago #1 by Jumpstart123
Hey guys have some issues with the forum.

Referencewebsite:

First I created a new user with my personal email. I cannot login to the forum it gives me a warning instead. Go ahead and create a user if you please to test this.

Second. When viewing the forum the menu is screwed up. This only happens when using the menu forum item as the kunena forum home page.

Third I know that the forum uses the joomla user system. But when you go to create an account why is the form all screwed. I know its pulling code from the template and its files. But how can I make it look better.

So far thats all the issues I am seeing with it. If you can figure out anything else and help with these at the same time that would be awesome.

Unfortunately the template has to stay the same since the client likes it. If need be I may be able to use a rockettheme page on just that one page to get it to function correctly. Let me know what you guys think I should do to fix the issues.

Configuration Report:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : hot_hotel | author: HotJoomlaTemplates.com | version: 3.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

1°) What warning do-you when you try to login to the forum ?
2°) and 3°) Do-you have screenshots to shwo the issues ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3 by Jumpstart123
Here are some images showing exactly whats going on. But also if you go to remembermychild.com and try it out you will see whats happening with the menu and such. Go ahead and sign up with a test email if youd like. I will be deleting all users before launch anyways.

This image shows how the create an account is aligned left instead of center. Also would like to add about 400 to 500 px padding to the bottom of this login. I understand its not a normal template and so its going to give me problems. But is this adjusted in your code or joomla's?

This image shows the error when trying to log in.
Attachments:

More
10 years 2 months ago #4 by Jumpstart123
Can someone help out with this please?

More
10 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
You have three "issues".

We prefer that people use one topic for one issue.

If you could split this topic into three issues we might be better able to deal with each issue, one at a time.

The third issue you seem to be having concerns the user registration page. Kunena is not responsible for user registration, nor is Kunuena responsible for issues that you might be having with the user registration page. The user registration page is controlled by Joomla. The Kunena profilebox simply provides a link to the Joomla registration page used by your website. This matter is discussed in more detail in User registration and login issues

Another of your issues seems to involve the message "You cannot access the private section of the site". This matter is discussed in more detail in the topic Permission issue: "Warning You cannot access the private section of this site" . You should use that topic to discuss that matter. I am not sure if this is the first or second issue you referred to in your original message. Regarding your suggestion about trying to register and/or login to your website, we do not register ourselves at other people's websites. Do you have a test account we can use to try to login to your website?

I do not understand what you mean by "When viewing the forum the menu is screwed up. This only happens when using the menu forum item as the kunena forum home page."

More
10 years 2 months ago #6 by Jumpstart123
I will check out the links you provided and I apologize for not doing it in three separate posts.

As for the menu question you were having. I am not talking about the kunena menu. It actually screws with the menu on the template. If you notice in the picture I provided above for the registration field HOME is gone but I think I have figure out this issue since its just changing the link color for home inactive. Now that is said it actually causes the whole menu to shift left. It only happens on this page and only started after kunena was installed.

Since the other two issues will be looked at in other topics lets use this one to figure out why the main menu has shifted left after the install of kunena.

More
10 years 2 months ago #7 by sozzled

Jumpstart123 wrote: ... the main menu has shifted left after the install of kunena.

So, in effect, this is your main question? Would you agree if we changed the topic from "Having some issues" to "My main Joomla menu shifts left on my forum pages"? That, in effect, is the essence of your problem.

This problem is not caused by Kunena, specifically. This problem is caused by a defect in your Joomla site template.

Our responsibilities in relation to your site template problem aside, you need to add the following lines of code to your Joomla site template CSS file (../templates/hot_hotel/css/template_css.css):
Code:
#topmenu_pad { padding-left: 48px; }

More
10 years 2 months ago #8 by Jumpstart123
Thank you for the help on this one. I have figure out all the menu issues now. At least all the ones to my knowledge. Tomorrow I will start working on the other two issues. You can mark this thread as solved if you wish.

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds