Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Backup only Kunena

More
10 years 4 months ago #1 by LarsVinge
Backup only Kunena was created by LarsVinge
Hi

Is there a way to backup only Kunena forum, and restore it in a new Joomla installation?.

I have a site with Kunena forum, but the Joomla installation is pretty old (version 2.5.14) and I would like to make a new 3.2 installation and, restore the forum to there.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Backup only Kunena
G'day, Lars, and welcome to the community.

LarsVinge wrote: Is there a way to backup only Kunena forum, and restore it in a new Joomla installation?.

Yes ... and no. Of course you can backup the Kunena forum tables but the tables are useless without the details of the users who created that data. Yes, you can use a tool like phpMyAdmin to export the Kunena database tables and yes you can import that data into another website. But the imported tables will be meaningless if you do not also export the user tables from the old site, too.

We have discussed this whole "How do I move my old Kunena forum to another website" topic many times before. A search of this category will give you a few topics where these things have been discussed.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by LarsVinge
Replied by LarsVinge on topic Backup only Kunena
Hi,

Thanks for your answer, I will try a search again.

One of my problems is, at first the site runs with a SMF forum, with the JFusion Bridge installed as a module, but the functions was very bad, and I rather like to run Kunena, so I tried to uninstall the bridge, but it broke down the site, so I have to install it again, after some discuss I was advised to install Kunena, and after that uninstall the bridge. But of some reason I don't know, I can't uninstall the bridge without the site going down, with a lot of fails, that's the background for my question.

If any have an idea to get out of this please feel free to write - thanks.

More
10 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Backup only Kunena
If I understand you correctly, you do not actually have a Kunena forum with the data derived from your old SMF forum. Is that right? :unsure:

I can't help you with questions about how to use the JFusion Bridge software (because I know nothing about such things) but this seems to paint a very different picture from what you asked about in your opening message.

From the sounds of things, you have two issues:

1) Convert your SMF forum to Kunena; and
2) Determine whether or not you want to move the Kunena forum to another site.

In effect, my reply to you was in relation to the second of these matters because I was unaware that you had outstanding issues with the first.

We have another category that deals with migrating from other forums to Kunena: Migrate other forums to Kunena . You should know that there is no "standard" or "recommended" way to do this and that the topics in that category are largely there for people to help themselves to ideas that they contain.

On the second matter - how to move Kunena from one site to another site - try this: Copying my forum from a J! 2.5 site to a J! 3.0 site

Overally, this is a fairly complex task and it's not going to be easy. Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for. :)

More
10 years 4 months ago #5 by LarsVinge
Replied by LarsVinge on topic Backup only Kunena

sozzled wrote: If I understand you correctly, you do not actually have a Kunena forum with the data derived from your old SMF forum. Is that right? :unsure:

Yes you are right, the data from the old forum was kicked out B), and the Kunena forum was installed, and have been up and runing for nearly 1½ year now.

sozzled wrote: I can't help you with questions about how to use the JFusion Bridge software (because I know nothing about such things) but this seems to paint a very different picture from what you asked about in your opening message.

Sorry if I don't have explained it clearly enough, yes I now this will be though, mybe it's impossible :ohmy: :S :evil:

sozzled wrote: From the sounds of things, you have two issues:

1) Convert your SMF forum to Kunena; and
2) Determine whether or not you want to move the Kunena forum to another site.

In effect, my reply to you was in relation to the second of these matters because I was unaware that you had outstanding issues with the first.

Again you are right, it's the second opinion I'm in

sozzled wrote: We have another category that deals with migrating from other forums to Kunena: Migrate other forums to Kunena . You should know that there is no "standard" or "recommended" way to do this and that the topics in that category are largely there for people to help themselves to ideas that they contain.

On the second matter - how to move Kunena from one site to another site - try this: Copying my forum from a J! 2.5 site to a J! 3.0 site

Overally, this is a fairly complex task and it's not going to be easy. Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for. :)

Thanks so much, I will get study these articheles and hope I can find a solution.

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds