Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Nasty Upgrade from Kunena 1.5.8 and Joomla 1.5

More
10 years 5 months ago #1 by retro
Hi there
I have an old Joomla 1.5. installation I need to update. Obviously Kunena needs to be updated too. After having created a test environment to run the upgrade in, I have discovered just how nasty it's going to be.

Upgrading Joomla to 2.5, unsurprisingly, completely broke the Kunena 1.5.8 so i rolled back and attempted to upgrade Kunena to 1.6.5 which would migrate the old data to the new version - it glitched whilst performing the migration and I couldn't revert so I rolled back to the previous set up environment. Now I am stuck with an upgrade (via joomla) that won't work or a new installation losing all the forum data.

If anyone has any ideas on how to sort this out please let me know.

Thanks

Retro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, retro, and welcome to Kunena.

I really do need to create a new topic called "Moving/copying/updating/migrating from K-something on Joomla-something to K-something-else on Joomla-something-else" :D

retro wrote:

I have an old Joomla 1.5. installation I need to update.

I don't know how out of date it is, but my suggestion is to start the process by getting J! 1.5 "up to speed" before moving forward. The next logical step is to get your old J! 1.5 extensions up-to-date (as best you can), too. After doing that, that's when I would start the migration to J! 2.5 or J! 3.1.

K 1.5.8 is how old? I think it was released in January 2010!

retro wrote:

I rolled back and attempted to upgrade Kunena to 1.6.5

Why would you do that? K 1.6.5 was released in July 2011 and, like K 1.5.8, it is so old I don't think anyone remembers anything about that version, either. The fact of the matter is that if you want to use Kunena on J! 2.5 you need K 1.7.2 as a minimum.

It's really difficult trying to prescribe, within a forum context (like we're using here now) how to resolve each individual case of upgrading from K-something on Joomla-something to K-something-else (possibly on Joomla-something-else also). And, yes, the process is tortuous and it can be "nasty" and you can spend days or even a week if you work through the issues one by one. It largely depends on how much time (or money) you are prepared to invest in the exercise.

This topic may help: www.kunena.org/forum/154-Miscellaneous-o...site-to-a-j-3-0-site

At the very least there are many good general pointers in that topic that will help even if we are dealing with upgrading from K 1.5.8 on J! 1.5.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: retro

More
10 years 5 months ago #3 by retro
Many thanks for the reply and apologies for the delayed response.
This was a very frustrating upgrade that suddenly became very easy thanks to your input! I simply upgraded Kunena to 1.72 - this straddles both J!1.5 and 2.5 - then upgraded Joomla to 2.5 - once @ J2.5 the amin panel carried out the required upgrades up to 3.0.3

I can't believe how much time I've spent on this and suddenly in the space of 10 minutes it all clicked into place.
In the end like I said 1.72 was the key as it bridges J1.5 - 2.5 :D

Many thanks

./R

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds