Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Email configuration

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #1 by davidmcfall
Hi All,

Recently downloaded Kunena to my company's local intranet running Joomla 2.5.6.

I've hit a snag with the mail function and was wondering if anyone can assist?

I've tried several mail settings within the global configuration, of which I know are correct. But, when users attempt to register I have to manually confirm them within Joomla and when users forget their password - Bad news! :( The email link doesn't work.

Have I missed a step in setup? I received the following messages... The following from address failed.. and Failed to send email. Is global configuration used to send emails for Kunena or is their something within the settings that i've missed?

Best Regards

David
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Correct minor spelling midtake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Email configuration
G'day, David, and welcome to the Kunena community.

You certainly have your work cut out fir you. Diagnosing and fixing problems on a website hidden behind an intranet firewall is the worst kind of situation anyone can find themselves and you have our sympathy. The first - and most important - issue is to tell your intranet site administrator that J! 2.5.6 is unsupported by Joomla and was riddled with defects and is likely to be responsible for the issues that you're now facing.

When you've got the Joomla issue sorted out then, perhaps, we can return to the issue of site registration and sending email but, to be completely honest with you, I think this is more of a Joomla question than a question about Kunena. You may find better help by reading the category description that appears at the top of this page (just below the area where you login to the forum) or one if the sticky topics in this category. Good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds