Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Can a telecommunications company trace the IP address of someone who posts a message on a forum?

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by pilyo
Just wanna know that is there a way for the telcommunication company to trace the IP of the poster or the one who posted a certain post?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
I assume that you have discovered to answer to your question. I am marking this topic as resolved.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by pilyo
Please anyone here knows the answer? I think its one of the important things kunena should be aware of, Privacy.

More
10 years 4 months ago #4 by Matias
IP adresses are stored because of it gives administrator ability to find out if someone is boosting his ranks by creating fake accounts -- or for example if you are trying to stop spammer. The feature is configurable and you can also remove stored IP addresses from the backend.

But yes, they also provide a way to track down the user if needed by legal investigation. In most countries there are regulations that restrict this ability to only if court rules that it's needed to find the person.

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds