Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Hidden file upload limit ?

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by OpenEyesAndEars
Hi all! =)

I've been unable to upload pdf files over 2MB on my kunena forum:
postimg.org/image/vn81vmrdp/

I have however been able to upload files of around 1MB:
postimg.org/image/6e4uiwswh/

I made certain my allotted maximum file size was correctly set in my Joomla 2.5:
postimg.org/image/9jegzmg1j/

Made certain my php.ini files were set to the correct allotment on both my public_html/administrator and my security suite's configuration(10MB):
postimg.org/image/g20zai0ff/

My anti-virus scanner is set to let all file types through and scan up to 15MB:
postimg.org/image/c89a1rc4n/

Yet still, files of over 2MB are not being uploaded - they will show their progress in the bottom status bar of my browser (Uploading...(45%) etc.) but once they reach 100, only the message posts and just a not helpful error message is left up. And it's not the usual " Failed to upload file '*.pdf': The file size (1058776) exceeds the maximum set by the administrator. " that one might normally get with the backend settings in Kunena are too low.

Truly at a loss here and I feel as though I've exhausted every possible venue I could think of. As anyone ever encountered anything like this or have any idea what I'm missing? If this is completely foreign to everyone here then perhaps its an issue with my Joomla or Security Suite settings, Kunena is highly well-known for their excellent, responsive support though so I thought I'd check here first.

Thank you very very much for your time and attention.
Best Wishes,
Brad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #2 by OpenEyesAndEars
Although my ability to upload the very same pdf to my media manager leads me to suspect it might be something centered within kunena.

postimg.org/image/uz04fcqj5/

Also, my apologies - I forgot to report my configuration settings:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : Inspire | author: Joomlabamboo | version: 1.2.1 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.0 | creationdate: 2013-05-15

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.0 | 2013-05-15 [ Wanga ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 2.0.4 | Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.4

Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by OpenEyesAndEars.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #3 by OpenEyesAndEars
Update:

I was able to upload the large pdf file on my local testing server. Which switches my attention back to my security suite because that's only active on my live site or perhaps another server-side issue.

Ergo, Kunena is likely not at fault here. Case is more or less closed as far as this post goes then.

Will delete in next 24 hours unless I receive advice or guidance on the issue.

Cheers! =)
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by OpenEyesAndEars.

More
10 years 7 months ago #4 by OpenEyesAndEars
Solved!

Resolution:

Make sure you set your upload_max_filesize & post_max_size to 10M (or whatever you prefer) in your php.ini root folders in BOTH your websites root folder and Admin root folder.

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds