Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged Warning - JFTP: :rename: Bad response - Rename failed error after installation

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by anate
Hi,

I installed 3.1 on Joomla 3.1 and configured the forum. The installation went fine but when I login or register a new user I am getting

Warning - JFTP: :rename: Bad response - Rename failed

I get this error all the time. What went wrong? Could you please help?

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Try by disabling FTP layer in Joomla! configuration panel

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anate

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by anate
Thank you. I am not getting this error after disabling FTP. How can I login to FTP site if I would like to transfer the files? Please let me know.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

You can use a FTP client or use a file management extension for Joomla! : extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...ents/file-management

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by xillibit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anate

More
10 years 7 months ago #5 by Jiminimonka
I use FileZilla for all my FTP needs. It's completely free and does everything you could want it to do.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
10 years 4 months ago #6 by marcedwin

xillibit wrote: Hello,

Try by disabling FTP layer in Joomla! configuration panel

I have the same, and I don't think this is the right solution. I need the FTP layer, and with this solution its not available. Arent there other options?

More
10 years 4 months ago #7 by sozzled

anate wrote: I installed K 3.0.1 on Joomla 3.1 and configured the forum. The installation went fine ...

This topic was originally created in the K 3.0 Installation and Upgrade category. This category is normally used when people have problems with the actual installation process and should not be confused with problems that people may encounter after they have successfully installed Kunena.

anate wrote: When I login or register a new user I am getting

Warning - JFTP: :rename: Bad response - Rename failed

This problem relates to user registration. As we have written on this forum before - see the FAQs page where this is written -
Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login to your website

I have moved this topic to the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category because we are discussing a general Joomla issue.

marcedwin wrote:

I don't think this is the right solution. I need the FTP layer, and with this solution its not available. Arent there other options?

I am not going to question whether it is a good idea or a bad idea to enable the Joomla FTP layer. There are hundreds of discussions on the Joomla forum that discuss this issue. The point I want to make is that enabling the Joomla FTP layer is not something directly related to Kunena.

I suggest you write to the Joomla forum with the question "Is it a good idea to enable the Joomla FTP layer?" and see what responses you get. Perhaps you might like to summarise the body of opinion about using the Joomla FTP layer and present your findings here.

My own preference is to not enable the Joomla FTP layer on any of my Joomla websites. Like Jiminmonka wrote earlier, I use FileZilla for my FTP needs.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #8 by vikuksi
HI!
I have hosting, which has not proper ownership of data. I have ftp layer enabled in Joomla. When I attempt to install Kunena, I get system message:

Error JFTP: :rename: Bad response
Rename failed

In system information /permissions/ section I see, that all directories are unwritable
PHP Built On Linux totoro 3.8.13-gentoo #1 SMP Fri May 17 15:13:50 CEST 2013 x86_64
Database Version 5.1.67-log
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.28-pl3-gentoo
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler
Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.19 Stable

I am afraid of further problems in future with those settings.
Is this worth of effort, or have i to forgett Kunena on this server/hosting ?
If yes, may i load my own css somehow?
Thank You.

This is my Report Configuration:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : DOMAIN | author: AUTHOR | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by vikuksi.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #9 by gregtampa
this is a bug and you blow this guy off.. I have same problem... I have installed 2.3 joomla and installed web tab install for extentions and then kunena said success install (which dont mean crap to me so i dont know why you would say oh well it says its ok so lets ignore everyone complaints about a bug)
anywho after then I create a menu item name it forums and then attach it to the kenua menu
goto home page click the link and i get the error...
enough said...something is wrong.. now i will be looking into solving it since appeartly you say its not you.. telling someone to turn off a built in feature of the core joomla isn't a really good response niether...
grow some and say you will look into it or stay off the thread but dont give stupid replies to people cause not everyone is dumb!

her eis a screenshot: prntscr.com/3a8ljc

ps this bug has nothing todo with login or signup!
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by gregtampa.

More
9 years 11 months ago #10 by gregtampa
so to solve this problem goto system information in the admin panel click directory permissions and make sure its al green cause you have a red unwritable in there somewhere..
this should solve your problem...
this is cause kunena dont use the ftp extention to make writes to files its using php to write it...

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds