Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Wrong menu item cause 404 error

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #1 by joomjohn
After installing kunena, everyhting is ok until I tried to visit the link (alias menu item) created I got a 404 error, Before posting I have read :

Kunena_menu_issues
Customised_menus
Troubleshooting_Kunena_Menu

I noticed that the problem is that the itemid was wrong because when I manually change the itemid of the url, the kunena forum was displayed, the alias menu item is pointing to the id of itself ! instead of pointing to the itemid of the kunena menu here is some screen shots

the ID of Kunena menu item is 729

Menu item alias generated by Kunena is 738

in details info of the menu item alias the itemid is 729 which is correct

but when you visit the link the you get 404 error and the itemid is wrong , it's the itemid of the menu item alias it self !

for more information about menu items please check the section "Kunena menu details:" in the configuration below

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 60M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : zt_genius | author: ZooTemplate.com | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by joomjohn.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, joomjohn, and welcome to Kunena.

Try flushing your web browser cache. Also please see Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) .
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joomjohn
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #3 by joomjohn
Thank you very much for your fast answer, I tried to change the browser, flush the DNS ... but the same problem, also my wamp server in well configured, the problem is I checked the database and the itemid was correct, but the only place where the itemid is wrong is the menu link from the front end, do you have any idea where the generation of the links happened, because it's a strange problem, the value of the itemid in menu link is correct but when rendered in front end the itemid is wrong !
Thank you

Edit :
is there any problem if I user the "external link" instead of "menu item alias" and put the "index.php?Itemid=750" as link, because I see it works, but the menu link is not activated, and it may influence the SEO since that I will not have a SEF link, any suggestion ? I tried to re-install kunena, restore the menu links from kunena options... I start to believe that it's a Joomla issue !?
More
10 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Let me be sure I understand what you are saying. Your configuration report and the screenshots taken from your Joomla administration site show a properly set up Joomla menu arrangement but, when you go to your frontend, your Joomla menu is different. Have I correctly interpreted the meaning of your question to us?
More
10 years 8 months ago #5 by joomjohn
yeah, the only problem is here

the generated link in the front end

thank you :)
More
10 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
If you read The Kunena menu in the Wiki, you will see the the Kunena menu is a Joomla menu. There is nothing particularly mysterious about it. If your Joomla menu does not work for you in the frontend, it is most probably because you are using a cached value on your server.

If you clear your server cache (there are standard Joomla features to do that), or if you are using some other caching mechanism, like APC, then you need to modify the cache settings or clear the cache in some other way (or wait until the cache clears itself).

I would bet that if I could access your website, I would probably see something different to you but, because your website is built on a webserver that is not connected to the internet, then you are on your own and you will have to figure out why your Joomla menus are not being updated in the frontend when you make changes in your administration site.

What is quite puzzling about this whole issue is that, for no obvious reason, the frontend link you described in msg #1 pointed to itemid=738. In msg #5, itemid-759.

Can you explain how this happened?
More
10 years 8 months ago #7 by joomjohn
it's just because, I tried to restore the kunena menu links from the kunena options, but the strange point is that the itemid has been updated after the retore but it's always pointing the itemit of the meni item alias it self not the kunena menu one !
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
Maybe you have an old trashed menu item? Have you considered deleting your menu trash?
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #9 by joomjohn
How can I send to you the login and the pass of the admin, it's really strange and I really wanna discover what is going on, so I have uploaded the local website to juste give you the access to see what is wrong !

Edit : It happens again online so you gotta really check that mysterious issue !
More
10 years 8 months ago #10 by sozzled

joomjohn wrote: How can I send to you the login and the pass of the admin ... so I have uploaded the local website to just give you the access to see what is wrong!

Information on how to do that is given in the FAQs page (use the
Time to create page: 0.449 seconds