Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Can administrator delete other users' subscriptions?

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #1 by Mathyas
Hi,

Is it possible to delete topic-subscriptions of certain users through administration service?
Because unfortunately there is no possibility for this under the "Topic Subscriptions" tab in the user management.
Only the user's pursued topics are displayed but the administrator cannot delete these if necessary.

The problem is that there are some users who subscribed to some topics but they have changed their registration e-mail address etc.
For this reason there are several e-mails arriving to the address of the forum due to unsuccessful deliveries. And more hundreds of new comments arose a day in the forum.

Best regards!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away,
An old wise computer once said...
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: minor spelling change; change subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled

Mathyas wrote: Is it possible to delete topic-subscriptions of certain users through administration service?
Because unfortunately there is no possibility for this under the "Topic Subscriptions" tab in the user management.
Only the user's pursued topics are displayed but the administrator cannot delete these if necessary.

Yes, that is correct. I understand your question. The problem that you seem to be having is that the email inbox receives a lot of "unsuccessful delivery" messages and you want to get rid of them. This is not really a Kunena problem. This is more of a "how do I manage my website email" problem.

I am sure that you can understand that if we, who manage the website www.kunena.org , were worried about this as a Kunena problem then we would have done something about it. I am sure that you can understand that, every day, this website transmits several hundreds of emails to those who subscribe to categories or topics, and many of those emails will be unsuccessfully delivered for a variety of reasons. I am sure that you can understand that this problem would be significantly increased in cases where people have demanded and forced automatic subscription to all forum categories on their members.

But, because we are not concerned about this as a problem here at www.kunena.org and others are not concerned about this as a problem at their websites, we have to ask whether this is something that really needs to be done?

The easiest way to prevent someone receiving emails is to modify their Joomla user account.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds