Kunena 5.1.5 Released - Security Release (14 Oct 2018)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.5 [K 5.1.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.8.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1. This is a Security release.

× This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question J! 3.1.1 SQL errors in backend

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #1 by johnoros
Hello all,

Any help with the following issue much appreciated.

Receive the following error when login to administrator
SQL=SELECT * FROM `pre_updates` WHERE `extension_id` > 0 AND `detailsurl` LIKE ' update.kunena.org/% '

As a result you cannot access anything in the administrator without clicking on the username under logged in users. Here you see the users profile, click close and then you can access everything in the joomla administration.
There is no such table in the database _updates.

Alos Receive the following error in joomla 3.1.1 when trying to install joommsef Kunena extension.
SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `pre_updates`

Please see attachec image showing error in the joomla admin control panel after login

Any help with this sql issue much appreciated.

Thanks,
JohnO
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by johnoros.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Do you have done an update from a previous version of Kunena ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
5 years 3 months ago #3 by johnoros
Hello xillibit,

Thanks for your reply.

My Install was as follows.

I installed version Kunena 3.0.1.

I then dropped all the kunena tables from my database and then imported the tables from my old joomla 1.5 site.
The Kunena version I had in joomla 1.5 was 2.0.4.

The import was successful. The only issue is the sql error.

What are your thoughts on this?
Thanks,
John

• sozzled
  • Visitor
5 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic J! 3.1.1 SQL errors in backend
Hmm ...

It's certainly possible to export K 2.0 tables from one site to another site (with K 2.0 installed) but copying K 2.0 tables from one site and hoping that they will work on a K 3.0 site? I don't think so.

Assuming that you were able to successfully migrate your J! 1.5 users from the old site and then copy the Joomla user tables from the migrated site to your new Joomla something-or-other site there are going to be issues with that.

More
5 years 3 months ago #5 by johnoros
Hello,

All users were migrated successfully this is not the issue. I performed the same task on numerous occassions.

It's certainly possible to export K 2.0 tables from one site to another site (with K 2.0 installed) but copying K 2.0 tables from one site and hoping that they will work on a K 3.0 site? I don't think so.

Whats the difference in copying from one database to another as to using the export feature.

What do you suggest?
What does the sql error refer to then? Its looking for a table that does not exist. The table is not in Kunena and never was.

Thanks,
John

• sozzled
  • Visitor
5 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
You cannot copy a K 2.0 tables to a K 3.0 installation. Physically, you can copy them but there are differences in the table structure (not a lot of differences but one or two that break backward compatibility).

Best bet is to migrate in stages. Go from K 2.0.4 on J! 1.5 to K 2.0.4 on J! 2.5, then upgrade to K 3.0 on the J! 2.5 site and then copy the K 3.0 tables. That's just a suggestion and I can't guarantee that it will work.

I don't know anything about a _pre_updates table (which, as far as I'm aware, has nothing to do with Kunena). That sounds more like a Joomla issue to me. I could be wrong, of course. Does the Joomla forum have any information about this table?

More
5 years 3 months ago #7 by johnoros
I have posted a topic regarding the issue on the joomla forum regarding the table but no reply as of yet.

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=707&t=8...9&p=3054507#p3054507

Thanks,
John.

• sozzled
  • Visitor
5 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
Did you try cleaning the cache of the "Extension Manager: Update"?

More
5 years 3 months ago #9 by johnoros
I did and I received the following error.

In the extensions manager under update I am receiving another sql error related to the same table
SQL=TRUNCATE TABLE xxx_updates.

Thanks,
John

• sozzled
  • Visitor
5 years 3 months ago #10 by sozzled
These are not Kunena issues. These are Joomla issues.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds