Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Migrated from J1.5 to 2.5 and timestamps are off.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #1 by Lucas W
I've recently been trying to migrate [More so, reconstruct] my website from Joomla 1.5.x to 2.5 seeing as it's no longer supported. So far the migration has gone smoothly though I noticed that the timestamps on posts were an hour or so off from the old site. I also noticed that the "Posted x minutes ago" was going down instead of up and that posts that had been read were still being marked as new.

The mostly-migrated site: test.theorangeblock.org/index.php/forum

The Joomla 1.5 live site: www.theorangeblock.org/forum/recent.html

Any help is most appreciated, thank you.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 40M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rhuk_milkyway | author: Lucas W | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 2011-12-28

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-01-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Login 2.0.4

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Remove spoiler from configuration report

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Most likely this is a timezone (daylight saving) thing.

I notice that this topic was started 7½ hours ago (there have been no replies) but this topic has been viewed 12,000 times! This represents roughly one page view ever 2 seconds. :huh: It's curious that this topic should be this "active" but that no-one has actually posted anything in reply. Maybe someone is polling the page every couple of seconds to see if the topic had received some attention? It would be nice if someone might offer some insight as to why this may be occurring.

As far as your second question about "posted x minutes ago" was going down instead of going up, that's a different subject (although it may be related to the whole server timezone offset thing) and I do not really follow the drift of the question. When I looked at your forum - the recent topics view - the topics were arranged in descending chronology as you would normally expect. Perhaps I have misunderstood the question?

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by Lucas W
I can see what you mean, I checked and my thread has 40k views. I have no idea how that happened as I've only ever looked at this thread ~5 times.

I've checked both versions and the server timezone on the 1.5 and 2.5 are set to UTC yet the 2.5 versions are ~2 hour off.

Compare this to this .

On the third point, I think that problem is only on the test account I was using, it would show the top 2 topics as having new posts even after reading them but the problem is not there on another test account, so it's a non-issue.

Thanks again for your time :)

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled

Lucas W wrote: Compare this to this .

I realise that the URL links point, in the first instance, to a "test" site and, in the second.instance, to a "not-a-test" site, but I don't see the issue with the particular examples you gave as an in illustration on the problem.

Can you clarify a matter for us, please? In your original post, you wrote that the timestamps on the posts in the migrated site were "an hour or so off from the old site". Can we aim for a little more specificity, please? Timestamping is an absolute. When a forum post is written into the database, the data is "stamped" with the actual UTC date/time it was written. When Kunena displays the post, the timestamp is displayed either in the date/time format according to the locale of the user viewing the topic - by default, this is the time zone of the server, but logged-in users can change their profile settings to something other than the default - or as a "relative time" - relative to "now" in relation to the current server time - depending on how you set things up.

The question therefore is, did the timestamp change or did the display change? Moreover, by what amount did the the timestamp or display change: one hour; one hour into the future or into the past? I am asking these questions because I want to nail down the amount by which the time has been adjusted - because "thereabouts" is a little vague - because I think this is a daylight savings thing.

J! 1.5 had no concept of daylight savings. Automatic adjustment of time displays, based on whether daylight savings occurs in the site's location, was first introduced in J! 1.6 (although, from recollection, it didn't work too well in the early stages :lol:) and that's why I think this is the contributing factor in your case. So, another question is whether you were logged-in when you looked at the two sites because, on the J! 2.5 site, your user profile will take into account DST.

But, if we are talking about the actual timestamp (the data in the database) having been modified during the J! 1.5 to J! 2.5 migration that's an entirely different thing and I have no advice about that (because that issue has nothing to do with daylight savings or with Kunena for that matter).

So, can we get a bit more clarification from you about the issue, please?
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
On further examination of the examples posted by Lucas, the displayed date and times for msg #48227 are:

• Original site: 29-June-2013 16:41
  • Migrated/test site: 29-June-2013 20:41

So we are not talking about one hour, we're talking about 6 hours. Can we see the screenshots of your Joomla Global Configuration settings for both sites, please?
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 9 months ago #6 by Lucas W
Anything specific? If you're after the Time Zone setting they're both set to UTC.

More
10 years 9 months ago #7 by sozzled

Lucas W wrote: Anything specific? If you're after the Time Zone setting they're both set to UTC.

Good. That's what I wanted to know. Can you now tell us what is the timezone offset of the account you are using to view the problem site, please, and can you also tell us if daylignt savings is currently in effect where you live?

More
10 years 8 months ago #8 by Matias
Like sozzled said, the reason is probably in daylight saving, which doesn't exist in Joomla 1.5, but is automatically applied to Joomla 2.5+.

There are two options: either you can ignore the off-by-one hour, or you can make SQL to update all dates which occured during daylight saving.

The issue also applies to all other content in your site, not just Kunena.

More
10 years 8 months ago #9 by Lucas W
Sorry I've been a bit, and thanks for the continued help.

It's not currently Daylight saving where I live and both Joomlas are set to UTC/GMT and my user account is set to use the server's setting.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #10 by sozzled
Daylight savings is currently in use at GMT (London time). Were you aware of that?

In SQL terms, times are always stored based on UTC. Joomla subsequently uses the server's local time offset from UTC to convert those times when they are displayed. If you are using GMT as the local server time then you should also be aware that (currently) GMT = UTC + 1 hour.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds