Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Promote/demote users from the front end?

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by Boradan
Is it possible to promote/demote users from the front end?
Would make it so much easier when promoting people to members rather than having to do it through the back end

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled

Boradan wrote: Is it possible to promote/demote users from the front end?

I am sorry but I do not understand this question. "Promote" users from what? "Demote" users to what? I do not understand what this means in the Kunena context? Can you explain more about "promoting" or "demoting" members, please?

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #3 by Boradan
Kunena takes peoples 'rank' from the Jooml users - public,registered, superuser etc so that you can make sections of the forum visible to certain user groups.
It would be good when editing someones profile in Kunena (as a moderator/superuser/admin) to be able to change their user group to allow them to view different areas of the forum.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Boradan.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for clarifying your question. To be clear, Kunena rank has nothing to do with forum privileges.

Kunena uses the access system that is used by your website. Kunena works best with the Joomla ACL system. What you are discussing s how to modify Jooma access rights from the front end. That's a question for the Joomla forum , not for here.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds